Sunday, 19 October 2014

Growing in Unity Blog Hop . . .

Hello sweet friends and welcome to the
I`m sure you all know by now how much I looove Unity Stamp Co.
I was the GIU Girl for the 2nd time back in August and what a painty, inky fun filled week I had! 
 This year Unity has added another fun and fabulous feature to GIU!  Every 2 months the previous GIU girls will be asked to participate in a Unity BLOG HOP which will be featured on the Unity Blog and Facebook page! 
 How FUN is that!
 Did I mention we got our hands on next weeks
Stamp of the Week?
Yes we sure did, thank you Unity!
It`s called
Winter Forest
by
Joslyn Neilson

I have a lot of Christmas ideas in mind for this little beauty using all sorts of mediums from card to clay . . .
but for today's project I gathered up a little chunk of wood to play with . . .
. . . along with a few inks and sprays to colour, giving it an aged appearance
Now all it needs is a black and white picture added to the top, to complete it once the festivites arrive!

Now it`s time to hop along to

Here`s the hop list in case you get lost along the way
You are HERE
Mandi

Happy hopping and thank you so much for looking!
I`ll be back later with my DT project for the new challenge at Pan Pastel UK.

Till later
Big hugs
xoxoxox

42 comments:

jmahugger said...

Beautiful!!

Debra Davison said...

Love your project

Penny said...

great little tree stamp, love the block of wood.

Amy#8546(TheTigersHaven) said...

Very cute project. I love the aged look you gave it. Wonderful job.

Sue Abbott said...

Amazing what you manage to create from 'a chunk of wood' Brilliant! X

Doreen said...

Love your gorgeous creation.xxx

Dots Dabbles said...

A block of wood is never 'just a block of wood' when it is in your hands! Totally gorgeous Tracy.
Dot x

Crystal said...

This is very pretty Tracy! Love your creativity!

mylittlecraftblog said...

How creative! I would never have thought to stamp on wood! I love the wire.

Evelyn

Immi said...

Great use of a fun stamp!

Toni K said...

This is just beautiful!

Kris said...

I love how you think outside the box Tracy. Love your project.

Mandi said...

I just love what you do with those chunks of wood. I need to try it some time :)

JPScraps said...

Such a great project! Who knew a chunk of wood could look so nice?

ionabunny said...

Love this stamp. The trees are so cute. Loving your hunk of wood. Hugz

KT Fit Kitty said...

I am doing the hop today! I love your sample! That's a wonderful stamp set! Fabulous inking techniques you used!

Tasha Freeman said...

Cool idea using a chunk of wood.

Karen (karey2005) said...

Love what you did with a hunk of wood. So pretty!

Ruby said...

Great ideas and techniques. THANKS for sharing.

Terri Burson said...

Tracy, you perform miracles with wood. Love!

SherylK said...

That's just awesome!!! When I was little and visited my grandparents, my grandfather would let me play with all his scrap wood. OMGosh I just loved doing that (he was a home builder). And seeing your project brought back that memory. I LOVE it!! Maybe we can do a house exchange...you visit the Rockies and we visit Scotland. :)

Gaylynn said...

Lovely forest art project Tracy.

Kristina MacKeen said...

Wow! You are a tough act to follow! What a fun project. I love the colors and can't wait to see what you finish it with.

Sue D said...

Fabulous--I like the rustic look.

Kim Rippere said...

Super cute and different idea.

Dawn Fields said...

Beautiful...creative! I love this idea! Fabulous!

Lagene said...

Great stamp! I love your block of wood picture or note holder!

Brittany Tucker said...

Love the project! Wonderful creativity.

Kris B said...

What a wonderful picture holder! The tree image goes perfectly! love the rustic look!

Robin B. said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

Julie Short said...

What wonderful creations you make with your wood Tracey.

Denise Bryant said...

Love your wood block! Great colors! That is an awesome Stamp of the Week!

Janis said...

Wonderful project with a rustic look!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Amy E said...

What a cool idea to stamp on wood! I've never thought about that before! Thanks for the inspiration!

Amy E.
Scrapthissavethat.com

Cynthia said...

Love this, Tracy! What a great idea.

Becky said...

Amazing ! Beautiful holiday keepsake .

Corrie said...

lovely card

Amber Sheaves said...

Fun idea!

Angela Crafty Spot said...

Love how you did on a block of wood!!
Angela

Amy said...

What a great project idea! Love it!

Maria Levine said...

Beautiful project!!! Gotta love using a piece of wood to create with! Thanks for being a GIU this year and hopping with us!

D- said...

I LOVE this. Thanks for sharing this BEAUTIFUL project.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot