Sunday, 7 September 2014

Pan Pastel UK Challenge . . . Frame it!

Hello and happy Sunday to you!
I hope you are all enjoying your weekend so far.
It`s time for a new challenge over at
and the theme is
you can make a frame, alter a frame or frame something for your project.
As always one lucky winner will win some fab stash from our sponsers
be sure to hop on by the blog to catch all the details.
I went with a canvas but instead of creating on the front I used the back to create a frame for my stamped image. Matt Gel and a covering of old book pages and it was ready to go and boy did it go through a lot of changes, lol!
Take 1 - 
I used the stamping on tissue technique for the image and sentiment . . . you can find how I do it  here on another post.
This one shows the frame covered in Gesso . . . but I didn`t like it once it was photographed, it was missing something!
Take 2 -
So I covered it all up again after a quick sanding with Matt Gel and old book pages 
{ lucky I have lots }
Was this it?
Nope, still missing something! 
Take 3 -
Oh I know, I will add a wash of watered down coffee with a touch of Pan Pastel, then maybe a smudge or two of Pan Pastel mixed with White Acrylic paint.
Better but . . . still missing something I thought!
Take 4 -
Okay I thought enough is enough, stop thinking about it and just go for it . . .
I did have a stack of pics from previous steps, no need to panic as I had something to fall back on if it all went pear shaped, lol!
 I grabbed a few more colours of Pan Pastels to mix with more Acrylic White Paint and water, pretty border stamp and off I went . . . 
Stamping
flicking paint
smudging
doodling
adding more 
Pan Pastels mixed with White Acrylic 
to paint over the image 
addong more light and shade to her . . . 
 until I was . . .
Happeeeee, lol!
You can still see some of the layers peeking through the final project, makes me feel better about covering some up.

Thank you so much for looking and I hope you like the final result.

Be sure and hop along to the challenge blog to see what the rest of the Design Team ladies have created for your inspiration.
Can`t wait to see what you all create!
Till next time
Big hugs
xoxoxo

entering it into -
4 Crafty Girls - Anything Goes challenge 26
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Anything goes


24 comments:

Danie May said...

Beautiful Tracey I am loving the coffee stain mixed with the pan pastel colors and the stamped border around the frame is gorgeous too!

Yvonne said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous piece of work. Glad to see that others change direction half way through as it doesn't turn out as we'd imagined. The motto is - don't give up, keep going and you may end up with a fabulous piece of art like this one xxxx

Craftyfield said...

The addition of the stamping makes the frame pop, it really works. Picture and frame are in total harmony, Love it!

Sandie Gough said...

I am in awe of your altered projects, you are so very talented xx I love this frame, I'm sure you made it for me!!! lol
Sandie xx

Traceyr said...

I love the way you have built up the layers and showed us in steps too. :)

Great frame Tracy.

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,lovely design and colours. Not thought of using pans with White Acrylic....xxx

glitzzy said...

Awesome luv everything you have done what a gorgeous idea to make a special gift! Colours of pan pastels mixed with white paint are so pretty and beautiful stamp just gels it all together luv it xxx

Diane Hopkins said...

Golly gosh your art is divine.
I'm in love with this masterpiece x

Jill Jacobsen said...

This is beautiful! Love the way you used the canvas backwards!! So clever. Thanks for sharing your process.

Julie Short said...

What a fabulous piece. Love the moody colours too!

massofhair said...

Favourite DT project this week Tracy, loving the colours and the image very much. thank you so much for the inspiration :-) xxx

Tracy said...

No thank yooou for the support missy!! xxxxx

Tracy said...

Thank you Julie :-) xxxxx

Tracy said...

Thank you Jill:-) xxxx

Tracy said...

Thank you so much Diane :-) xxxx

Tracy said...

Thank you Mum.....loooove you :-) xxxxxxx

Tracy said...

Thanks Doreen, I do it all the time...they go a little paler but once dry I go back in and add the pastels on top :-) xxxx

Tracy said...

Thank yoooou Tracey....it was mistake after mistake lol but ended up fine in the end ;-) xxxx

Tracy said...

Hahaha...thank you so very much Sandie :-) xxxx

Tracy said...

Thank you so much missy:-) xxxxx

Tracy said...

Thank you so much Yvonne...it takes a while but I just keep going as you can see lol ;-) xxxx

Tracy said...

So happy you like it Dani...I dont drink coffee I like using it to paint with lol....;-) xxxx

Caryn said...

Great project - love the image.
Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Jodi C. said...

GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS,GORGEOUS!!! Wow!!!