Friday, 4 April 2014

Craft Stamper Take It Make It Challenge . . . Bottles

 Hello sweet friends, it`s the first Friday of the month which means a new challenge over at
Craft Stampers
Take it Make it Challenge
and the theme for
April
is
Bottles

Technique: Use a bottle somewhere in your project. This could be an altered bottle, using small bottles/vials as a focal point in your project, or using a stamped image of a bottle!
Make a bottle wrap or a bottle tag (the kind that fits a wine bottle neck) -Use bottle stamps - wine bottles, milk bottles etc - to make a card -Create a 'bottle' on a card from acetate or Clearly for Art film -Personalise a wine bottle by stamping a DIY label -Make a 'message in a bottle'

  Alex brought home an old clear glass bottle with dimples for me to alter.
  I spent a happy time applying Gesso with my fingers, Pan Pastels, Tim Holtz Distress Inks and a set of 12 Sparkle paints that was gifted to me from a very kind friend.
I used Dina Wakely`s Mixed Media Stamps for this one. 

She was . . .
 All the purple, Greens and Reds are the sparkles and add a luminous quality to the bottle
BUT
boy oh boy
really hard to get a good picture to share, 
I must have taken ohhhhhh 40 ish pics all around my garden on the same morning . . . 
woman posessed comes to mind ,lol!
The two pics above were taken in full light and I think it gives a really ghostly look.
I wanted to show you how different the colors show up depending on the light . . .
this one was taken in the shade, not so much light bouncing around, the golds are muted but I think you can really see more of the colors and textures that I added with my fingers.
 Some string colored with Tim Holtz Distress Stains
and
 Gold wax melted around the top with a few drips and runs and I was done.
My hands I am sure glowed in the dark by this time!

 Well, that`s all from me today but be sure and stop by the
for even more inspiration from the team
you will not be disappointed I promise!
 Till next time
Big Hugs
and 
Thank you for looking.
xoxoxo 
Materials used -
Dina Wakely Mixed Media Stamp Set - All for the Gals
Pan Pastels
Metallic Pan Pastels - Light Gold
Maimeri Gesso
Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Sparkles Paint - sorry they don`t have a manufacture name

11 comments:

Linda said...

Wow!! This is fab Tracy, the colours are amazing and I love the dripping wax at the top .... great job! Have a lovely weekend .... hugs Linda xx

rachel said...

wow Tracy - this looks like lots of fun - the colours look amazing - love it to bits!!! Big hugs rachel xx

toni said...

Love this Tracy ! The finish looks like gorgeous mother of pearl . I was just this minute looking at my bottle I altered ages ago for eP and thinking it would be fun to do another! Have a lovely weekend xx

Hels Sheridan said...

awesome!

ElizabethR said...

Gosh this is amazing, the colours are gorgeous, and yes it does have a ghostly look about it. Elizabeth xxx

Claire Boelema said...

Absolutely stunning! I'm loving the paint effect as well. I may even get to enter this challenge as I already have an altered bottle on the go!! Have a fab weekend.

Claire x

Marjie Kemper said...

So beautiful! Love the melted gold dripping down.

Redanne said...

Your altered bottle is beautiful, it has such a lovely sheen to it and the lady has quite a mysterious look about her....

Renee said...

Gorgeous bottle! I love seeing Dina's new stamp, she looks great. The wax on the top makes me think of pirates, cool.

Dots Dabbles said...

Absolutely love the effects on this bottle Tracy! The stamped image goes so hauntingly well with the lush effects of the colours. Beautiful all over!
Dot x

butterfly said...

Wowzer - how cool is that?!
Alison xx