Friday, 21 March 2014

Mixed Up Media Chix Blog Hop and Friends with Flair . . .

Hello sweet friends and welcome to the
Mixed Up Media Chix
Art Journal Girlz
Blog Hop!
You should have arrived here from the lovely Laurie .
If you have just stumbled upon this post, please hop along with us.
I would like to invite you all to come on over and join the Facebook Group
a place to share our art and have some chat.
Okay, so the theme is
Birthdays
but
I`ve put a twist on my project . . . I hope you don`t mind too much!
A few years ago I was gifted a copy of
Lady Cottingdons Pressed fairy book
for my birthday
and I looove it, it`s one that I treasure and I adore nothing more than pulling it out and filling my eyes with joy!
Squished captured fairies, lol!
{ Don`t worry. I hear that no fairies were harmed in the making of LC book}
  I used the book as inspiration, but with a pretty
 Unity Stamp Co. butterfly 
and
 a ton of  Mediums, Pan Pastels, Dylusions Ink Sprays, Sparkles dust, Rub Ons
more
Unity Stamp Co. goodness
along with 
a few stencils for good measure.
It was a messy, splotchy, splatty, multi toned fingers creative time, lol!
It`s a wee tad too messy for me, but in a weird way I kinda like it, the butterfly for sure.
Here is the old book that it is now squished in, lol!
This was a very old, unloved second hand book before getting messy with paints, medium, sprays and doodle doodle doo`s.

Now hop on over to the lovely and very talented Julie.

If you get lost along the way here is the blog hop list -
Maria
Laurie
Tracy - You are here.
Julie
Sally
Francine
Rebecca
It's also Friday which means I can link up with my friends over at Unity Stamp Co. for Friends with Flair, woohooo!
Just hop along and leave a comment for a chance to win some stash
In the event someone hasn`t posted please just continue on, sometimes at the last minute life gets in the way.

Till next time
Big hugs 
and 
Thank you for looking.
xoxoxox

Links -

29 comments:

Tamiko McCurry (MEKOfoSHO) said...

I loved the layers upon layers!! Butterflies are always a beautiful thing and Happy Birthday!!!

rachel said...

gorgeous pages Tracy and the inspiration for them sounds amazing - love your books front cover too - fabulous xx

Maria Levine said...

WOW that is super cool!! LOVE IT! Thanks for being a part of the hop!!

Cynthia said...

Lovely mixed media project, Tracy. Great dimension with the butterfly and fibers.

Laurie said...

I love both your pages Tracy! I LOVE the grungy messy butterfly - so cool! Grungy but still with those wonderful bright colours - perfect!!

Ruby said...

Gorgeous pages. So artistic.

Kate said...

Love the different textures you created Tracy :) And great to see that an unloved book can be transformed in to something so lovely.
Kate xx

Diane Jaquay said...

Beautiful altered art! Love your work!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

So creative!

Mandi said...

Everytime I visit your blog you make me want to paint :) Love the butterfly!!

Rachel said...

this is just gorgeous! i wanna reach through the screen and just touch your pages lol. they have so much great texture!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Donna K said...

The photos of your work are just wonderful…everything is so textured and lovely. You are very talented, Tracy! thanks for another Friday of inspiration…~cheers!

JPScraps said...

Love the pages! They look so very textured.

Rebecca Daniels said...

WOWA! As usual you take my breath away with your amazing creations!

AND…I LOVE THE PRESSED FAIRY BOOK! It's absolutely a wonderful book (a little "dark" to a wee girl, but awesome!)

And your repurposed old book is scrumptious too!

Thanks for all the wonderful inspiration.

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful pieces! Love the butterfly and all the different words on the second piece!

Kary said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!! I don't know what else to say, Tracy, other than both projects are fabulous work of art. Have a great weekend!!

scrapclose2theheart said...

You are very creative. I need to visit you more often! Hugs--Patti

scrapclose2theheart said...

You are very creative. I need to visit you more often! Hugs--Patti

glitzzy said...

Wowzer amazing work of art love whatu have done to this piece.
Stunning the way butterfly is almost ready to fly away gorgeous colours are beautiful really awesome xxx

Sue D said...

Very colorful and creative!

veronica said...

love that red hair! very cool shapes!

Julie Odil said...

Oh yeah, I can tell you got inky on this one! I like all the layers. There is definitely "depth" to the page!

SHartl said...

Wow! This altered book page is fabulous! All that gorgeous color and texture!

Becki with an i blog said...

I've got to try this!

Scrapper Myra said...

Great texture in your projects.

Gez Butterworth said...

These are both beautiful Tracy ♥

Miwa said...

Wow, stunning pages!

Annmaree of Oz said...

I love your book idea for a journal!

And love your page! Great texture and colour, I just want to fondle it through the screen! LOL!!!

butterfly said...

Astounding pages... sorry I've missed so much - it's been a crazy month - but it's been a joy catching up a bit.
Alison xx