Sunday, 2 February 2014

WK 5 Premium Craft Brand Challenge . . .

Happy Sunday everyone,
it`s time to join in with a new challenge over at 
and the theme for you all is
Anything Goes
but the design team was given the added challenge of using a
Premium Art Brand Stencil.
 I don`t think I have told you what my one little word for the year is yet, the word I have chosen is . . .
. . . to remind me to find Joy this year, even in the smallest thing.
 I created an 8x8 canvas and I chose
Premium Craft Brands
Hearts In A Circle Stencil to create my background with Maimeri Light Modelling Paste.
You know how much I looove my hearts!
I used the Pan Pastels in different ways -
Mixed with Gesso for a lovely creamy, soft effect { Yellow Ochre } for the base colour.
With a little water { Permanent Red Shade, Permanent Red, Hansa Yellow Shade } smudged randomly over with my fingers.
On their own { Titanium White, Black Metallic Light Gold } using a Sofft Sponge.
Not a doodle doo or wood in sight . . . right out of my comfort zone with this one!

Be sure and stop on by the blog to check out the rest of the projects made by my fabulous team mates.
Come join in the fun . . . just Click Here

Till next time
Big hugs
xoxox

List of materials and links -
Maimeri Gesso, Matt Gel Medium, Matt Medium
Premium Craft Brand Hearts in a Circle Stencil Mask
Pan Pastels
Metallic Pan Pastels
Sofft Sponges

9 comments:

Zoe said...

Such a gorgeous and organic piece of art, I love your philosophy behind it! A very talented lady in deed, and a lovely photograph too xx

butterfly said...

I think it's beautiful, Tracy - such delicate, subtle colour effects. Very excited as I've finally succumbed and ordered my first PPs - all the more excited having just read I can mix them with gesso too!!
Alison xx

Annmaree of Oz said...

Joy is a word that I certainly relate to your fine self, Tracy! And this canvas is no exception! Love the neat texture you made and the soft colours, with the lovely pic of your fine self!

Fabulous! :D

Tracy said...

Thank you Zoe!
xxx

Tracy said...

Woohoo Alison looking forward to seeing your beautiful art! You can mix PP's in so many ways, have fun.
xxx

Tracy said...

Thank yooou Annmarre!!!
xxxx

Claire said...

your project is certainly a joy Tracy, gorgeous soft background with all that lovely texture. Its sets your beautiful photo off a treat
Claire xx

Samantha Read said...

Loving the delicate colours and textures Claire xx

Samantha Read said...

Loving the delicate colours and textures Claire xx