Sunday, 19 January 2014

WK 3 Premium Craft Brand challenge and eclectic Paperie eTeam Picks Challenges


Hello sweet friends, I`m back today with a combined design team project for
the theme is . . .
Anything Goes 
but the design team have been given the challenge to use another substrate other than paper or card.
hosted by the very talented Andie
and the theme is . . . 
 Hope
use the word Hope or create a piece of Art that represents your dreams for 2014.
I`ve been taking a class by the beautiful
Junelle Jacobsen
who I find sooooo inspirational, her work is truly beautiful!
 It`s helping me to stretch my wings and take my doodle doodle doos to the next level.
My project started life with this little doodle doo on a scrap of paper. 
 Once I started I couldn`t stop . . . she wanted more from me soooooo . . . 
out came the Pan Pastels and a fine black liner pen for the all important doodle doo`s . . . 
was it enough?
Nooooooo it wasn`t, I had to go out in the piddling rain to my shed and collect a block of wood, Pan Pastels and Gesso, this girl wanted more!!!
 
Let me introduce you all to " Hope " { me,lol } my whimsical wood Art.
.
 Hope dreams the dreams that I hold dear to my heart . . .
The three little doodled hearts signifies my love for my husband Alex and our 2 sons Rory and Kane  . . . 
may they stay safe, happy, healthy and let all there hopes and wishes come true!
The wellies . . . 
well a girl needs them when the earth starts to warm up and it`s time to hit the allotment, sowing the seeds to grow strong vegetables and pretty flowers, tootling along planting higgeldy piggeldy style. Miracles in a seed packet waiting to bloom into life!
 
She was so much fun to create by simply using Gesso as the base on the wood, the background was created by applying the Pan Pastels first, I used a wet Paintbrush to swipe it over, letting the colours all drip and mix together. Sofft Tools are brilliant to colour the image with Pans and then dry brushing over randomly with Gesso.

Well that`s it for me today and I hoped you enjoyed my post.
Be sure and hop on over to the challenge sites to give your eyes a delight at the creative makes from the rest of the design teams and maybe you will be inspired to join in the fun!
Beautiful prizes for the lucky winners..woohoo!!
Till next time
Hugs
xoxox

List and links of materials used -

Block of wood { pinch it from your husband,lol }
Fine Black liner pen


11 comments:

Zoe said...

Beautiful piece of art, you are so talented x

Karen Crossen said...

Tracy, she is absolutely lovely! I need to take out my pan pastels more often and learn how to use them like you do!! (And i LOVE Junelle's classes, I have taken them all!!)

Samantha Read said...

Stunningly beautiful ♥

butterfly said...

That's more than doodling - that's flat out art! She's just gorgeous... As always I love the dusky, faded look of the Pastels on gesso on wood - it's so beautiful. Another wonderful make, Tracy - I love Hope!
Alison xx

Annmaree of Oz said...

Gorgeous work Tracy! I love your doodle girl, she is amazing!

A stunning piece of artwork, beautiful to see!

Traceyr said...

Love it Tracy. And may all your hopes come true too. x

:)

Micki said...

Junelle is fabulous. I took all of her classes last year (sadly am having to step back from taking classes this year) but just love love love her style of sketching, drawing and teaching. She's so much fun and so uplifting. Your Hope is awesome. I love your doodling - something I have major problems with for some odd reason - and the pan pastels-something I never seem to remember to use. Love this, so adorable, beautiful and so inspiring.

Sue Lelli said...

This is so GORGEOUS and your doodling all so much to this creation! I especially love the 3 hearts and their meaning! Just FABULOUS!

Bonnie Irvine said...

This is a lovely work of art, Tracy. She lovely and I especially love the meaningful little hearts and her wellies. Your doodling adds wonderful detail and infuses the piece with "Tracy-ness". Great use of the pan pastels, too.

Colleen said...

Tracy,
How cute your doodles are and the Pan Pastels really give the it the soft worn look to match.

glitzzy said...

Wow such a lot of work goes into your pieces
Adore this very pretty girl loving the way you have
detailed all the steps beautiful work of art. Xxxx