Sunday, 17 November 2013

Premium Crafts Brand WK 46 Pan Pastel Challenge - Colour Embellishments

Good morning everyone, I hope you are all having a crafty weekend!
It`s time for a new challenge over at
and the theme this week for the design team is . . .
Coloured Embellishments
but as ever, your challenge is 
Anything Goes
we do loooove to see what you all create!
I wanted to try a new technique for this one using a mixture of  . . . 
Metallic Pan Pastels in Light Gold, Rich Gold, Pewter, Silver
Just click on the links above to shop.
I started with a quick coat of Maimeri Gesso all over the canvas, followed by light Modeling paste through the Doily stencil using a palette knife to apply it.
I wanted more texture and applied more Light Modelling Paste with a palette knife around the canvas.
Time to add my picture, that`s me on the left, lol . . .
I used Maimeri Matt Gel Medium to fix the picture and some of the lighter embellishments to the canvas and my hot glue gun for the heavier ones.
Next time to apply the Maimeri Gesso, I protected the picture with a scrap of paper and used 3 coats of Gesso in the end . . . some of the flowers were really vibrant and I needed to mute them down to work.
Once dry I applied Yellow Ochre Pan Pastel with a Sofft Sponge and used a fixative spray to hold the colour.
To finish I cracked open the Metallic Pan Pastels and the Sofft Knife with the Flat Cover to add a touch of pizzaz to the embellishments.
 I was way out my comfort zone wih this project but boy oh boy did I have fun playing around with the stencil and embellishments!
Be sure and stop by the
Premium Craft Brand Challenge blog and check out what the rest of the girls created and remember your challenge is . . .
Anything Goes woohooooo!!
Till next time happy Crafting
Hugs
xoxoxox
Entering it into -
Charisma Cardz Challenge #45 - Vintage

10 comments:

Julie Short said...

The textures are beautiful Tracy. The soft colours complement your lovely image so well!

butterfly said...

Such delicate and ethereal colours, and such fabulous texture - this is a beauty, Tracy!
Alison x

Claire said...

hi Tracy, wow love your canvas - gorgeous pic and all the embellies look stunning
Claire xx

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Tracy,

I love all the textures of this project. I definitely couldn't tell you were out of your comfort zone!!

What a cute little photo!

Peace, Kay

Annmaree of Oz said...

Amazing page, Tracy!! I love all the texture and Embellishments!

Zoe said...

Wow wow wow, such a talented lady, adore this creation Hun xx

Eemeli said...

Great design. The image is such a darling and the kids look soooooo cute. Thanks for joining our "Vintage" challenge this week at Charisma Cardz.

Hugs from Finland,
Eemeli {DT}

Jo Grason said...

Amazing project, it's gorgeous!! I love the photo and the embellishments you've used. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week, good luck, Jo x

Gram's Treasures said...

Lovely creation with all of those delightful little details! Thanks for playing along this week at Charisma....hope to see you next time too!
Joyce xx

Ellie Knol said...

You have the most beautiful blog, I became follower, looking out for more posts!