Sunday, 27 October 2013

Week 43 Pan Pastel UK challenge - Shades of grey

Hi everyone, I`m running behind with my post today due to our computer being hijacked!!!
A huge shout out to my teamie
over on 
for helping me out, you are the best!!!
Sooo onto this weeks challenge which is -
 (You can use ANY products to enter our challenge!) 
Please pop on by the blog and see what the rest of this fablous team hae created
Plus you still have time to enter the Giveaway . . . you won`t want to miss it! 
You have until Tuesday 5th November to enter and the chance to win a great Pan Pastel prize, plus our Top 3 favourites may be asked to Guest Design for us next month!
   My inspiration this week came from old books . . . what can I say I love the smell, textures and just the overall age of them all, lol!
 Sadly these are the only two pictures I have as the rest are all on the main computer.
 I altered a very plain chipboard notelet holder starting with a quick coat of Maimeri Gesso.
Followed by Maimeri Modelling Paste through a Mask Stencil, once dry I used a soft sponge to apply a coat of Black Pan Pastel -a first for me and oh my goodness I think I am hooked on Stencils and paste!
I got to play with the Metallic Pan Pastels in Pewter and Silver, although you can't see it I also used a touch of Copper and Bronze along the way . . . they are a dream to work with and another new favorite of mine.
I also added a touch of Magenta Extra Dark to give a little lift and some Tim Holtz IdeaOlogy rub ons.
You can`t make it out too well in the pictures but I also applied a Little Gloss Gel Medium all over to finish which will help protect it.
Well that`s all from me today except to say a huge Thank you to you all!
Till next time 
Big hugs
xoxox
List of materials and links -
Maimeri Gels and Mediums - Gesso, Light Modelling Paste, Gloss Gel

4 comments:

Nicole N. (Nicole's Craft Nook) said...

I seriously cannot believe you made that cover....??! Well, ok, yes I can -- it's you & you can make anything ---!!
But, geez --- it looks like it came from a book press !!!
You
Are
Amazing
!!!

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is gorgeous.

Zoe said...

Simply stunning Hun, love it so much xx

Julie Short said...

This is totally YUM Tracy. The texture and richness that you have achieved is wonderful.