Monday, 23 September 2013

The best part about school . . . Hometime and fun, fun, fun . . .

http://mysweetearth.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/susan-k-weckesser-inc-design-team-back.html
Welcome to the 2013 Susan K Weckesser Inc Design Team Back 2 School Blog Hop
 Our Design Team and Guest Designers have created a week’s worth of great projects to bring you inspiration and fun -- all themed around Back 2 School. We encourage you to visit each member’s blog, leave a comment and maybe find a new blog to follow. 
After you have visited all participating team member’s blogs, go back to THE STARTING POST at Susan K Weckesser’s My Sweet Earth Blog and leave a comment letting us know which project either inspired you or touched your heart.
 Don’t worry, you have all week to take your time and go through the blogs. We’ll feature a few each day at Susan K Weckesser Inc, but will draw names from comments left on THE STARTING POST for our grand prize.
Here is the list for ALL team members, but again don’t panic, we will highlight a few each day so you can come back and visit a few at a time if you want because we know how busy you Moms – and Dads – are! You have until Saturday night 11:55 PM CST to leave a comment at  

Sooo onto my project -
 after much oohing and aaahing I kept returning to cherished memories of my childhood schooldays of skipping, rustling leaves, ABC, friends, teachers BUT for me the best time was hometime . . .
why I hear you cry?
I have Memories so rich in love and full of joy of me at the tender age of 6/7 yrs old and my much missed
 Gran and Di who sadly passed away when I was so very young.
For me the best part of my day was at the end of the school day and getting to see my Gran and Di who lived down the stairs from us . . . how lucky was I!!
 Gran would save up all kinds of things for us to play with, from matchboxes made into cars/ houses to melon seeds made into jewellery . . . 
not to mention the multi colored tank tops that she would make for us from odd balls of wool.
Soooo with that in mind I wanted to be thrifty and use something that I had already
 . . . eventually settling on . . .
 SCRABBLE TILES
along with
Susan`s adoreable stamps . . .
 { which I adore they are so huuuuuge!! }
. . . and making them into whimsical numbered jigsaw puzzles.
  They are so easy to put together - a quick coat of gesso to start . . .
 { I still wanted part of the tiles to show through, so I applied it lightly }
 . . . followed by pan pastels all over and then time to ink up the huuuge stamps with Archival ink and get stamping!
Time to get a little messy with some watercolor paints and Pan Pastels, followed by a little doodle dooo . . .
 . . . next add the numbers before using the clear embossing pad, sprinkle with embossing powder and heat to finish.
What you will need -

 Scrabble tiles
  or if you don`t have any then be thrifty and use cardboard packaging cut into squares
Susan K Weckesser stamps co branded with Unity Stamp Co. 
Le Mason
Sail Away
Watercolor paints
Clear Embossing Ink Pad
Clear Embossing powder
Fine Black liner pen for some doodle doodle doo`s

Well that`s all from me today and I sure hoped you enjoyed my walk down memory lane and my little puzzle tiles for my back to school project with a twist.
Till next time
Thank you soooo much for taking the time to look
Big hugs
xoxoxox

25 comments:

Julie Short said...

Wowsers what fabulous pieces Tracy and I loved reading about your school memories - funny that there were many days when home time was my best time of that day too :)
I like your twisty project.
Julie

Laura Turcotte said...

WOW Tracy!!!! Your projects are amazing--love your work!

Allie Gower said...

So clever, what a great idea. Stunning results.

Jaine Drake said...

Ah stunning as usual. It made me think about times spent with my granny and grandpa making stuff too. Ah happy days. Love your projects. x

Scrapbook Lynne said...

You AMAZE me with your creativity! So going to copy AGAIN! LOVE IT (and especiall loved reading about your childhood) smile

Steampunk Suzy said...

I love the sense of play and fun by construction with scrabble tiles and I love the coloured in images. tfs

Steampunk Suzy said...

I love the sense of play and fun along with the bright, colourful, images.

Rita Barakat said...

This is so brilliant! I love it!!!

Corlann said...

LOVE IT!!! Need to go find me some Scrabble Tiles! :) What a fun project! I think I will add small magnets to the back and have a fridge magnet puzzle!

purplemel said...

Love this project thanks for sharing

Sue D said...

What a fun idea and I have lots of scrabble tiles!
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

jeanied's said...

i LOVE this...

{VICKI} said...

my FAVE so far

Christine Kiehl said...

Wow! Your post and your choice of projects BLEW me away! Sounds like you had a fantastic childhood! Without much T.V. to boot! Me too! My younger brother and I were allowed to roam free outside until the street lamps came on; then time to come home! We only watched cartoons on Saturday mornings and an occasional late night scary movie that we snuck!! Thank you so much for sharing so much of yourself and your time for us hoppers and shoppers! I really enjoyed your blog post!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is such a great idea! What a wonderful upcycle, and the stamping/painting is gorgeous!

Karenladd said...

How creative and clever! Love the way these stamps look on the tiles

Tracy said...

Thank yooooou ladies for all the lovely comments..
Big hugs to you all
Xxxx
:-)

Annmaree of Oz said...

awesome fun use of the scrabble tiles, love this idea!

I reckon you would make awesome scrabble tile jewellery too!

Nicole N. (Nicole's Craft Nook) said...

Gorgeous, as always!!! I love YOUR NEW PIC !!! I saw that right away!!! FAB head shot!!! LOVE!!!

~~ your scrabble tile projects are WONDERFUL as are your amazing memories of your sweet family!
How lucky that you lived so close!! :) :)
Those stamps are HUGE and look amazing to work with for your mixed media projects!!

Hope all is well for you and for your son @ uni !!
xo

SHartl said...

How creative is this?!! So fun and unique!

Marylou said...

Oh wow. Love it. I was wondering what you used for those little squares. I had to pin you image too to remind me of this. My daughter just LOVES puzzles and as I happen to have three (yes three) scrabble games sitting in my cupboard, this is just the perfect idea! Thank you for sharing and inspiring!

Cheryl Boglioli said...

You are just so creatively clever. What a great idea. so much fun.

Jennifer said...

Love this idea!

Katie said...

Love your story and your fantastic tile projects!

glitzzy said...

I absolutely adore ur work of art also your precious memories made me have a little cry you could write a best seller book! I would buy it, if it had some of your works of art in as well...wowww would sell like hot cakes your puzzle is beautiful luv xxx xxx