Friday, 13 September 2013

PaperHaus Fall Splendor Blog hop

Welcome to the Fall Splendor Blog Hop with PaperHaus!
 We are celebrating the release of the new FALL edition of PaperHaus Magazine but also celebrating the 1 year anniversary of PaperHaus Magazine! 
We are excited to be part of this amazing celebration! Click below to check out the latest edition of this amazing magazine!  The Fall Splendor event is filled with inspiration from PaperHaus and the
 eclectic Paperie team so make sure you click through each blog for inspiration! 
Enjoy the hop and remember that the Fall Splendor Blog Hop runs from September 1st to the 15th so plenty of time to be inspired!
Autumn brings back my memories of dark nights,
 sparkly star studded skies, 
 the smell of coal burning, hanging in the air as smoke puffs up through the chimneys,
 wrapped up with thick warm coats and scarves wrapped around our necks,
walking home at a very young age from my Auntie Cissie`s with Mum, my sisters and our astronomer for the night . . . 
. . . our Uncle James!
 Uncle James would keep us entertained by pointing out the stars from . . .
the 7 Sisters to the plough 
and how if we got lucky, we might even see a shooting star.
To this very day I still have a great joy in stargazing.
Thank you Uncle James! 

To pop this treasured memory into my very old secondhand book I started with a layer of Gesso splodged all over . . .
followed by inking up that gorrrgeous stamp
Le Mason
 by Susan K Weckesser co branded with Unity Stamp Co.
 . . . 
time to get messy with a mixture of Distress Paints, Distress Stains and watercolors before
adding some
 doodle doodle doo`s, journaling
and
Christy Tomlinson Rub ons.
 If you follow me you will know by now that when I add an entry into my old book I do like to keep a list of what materials I have used as a reference for future projects.
Want to see more inspiration from the eclectic Paperie Design team 
 and 
welcome some new DT members . . .
Just pop on along to the eP blog by clicking HERE.

Happy Hopping friends.
Till next time
Thanks for looking.
Hugs
xoxoxo

List of materials and links -
Pink Paislee -  She Art Christy Tomlinson Rub Ons -Borders , Doily
Tim Holtz Distress Paints - Brushed Pewter , Spiced Marmalade
Tim Holtz Distress Stains - Peeled Paint, Fired Brick, Walnut Stain
Other materials -
Watercolors - Winsor and Newton
Fine Black Liner Pen
Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder - Clear

As today is Friday and it has been sooooo long since I hopped along with Friends with Flair over at Unity Stamp Co. going to link up and hop some more.
XOXOXO

35 comments:

Julie Short said...

This is fabulous Tracy

Sue Lelli said...

LOVED reading your memory - how wonderful - and LOVE how you captured it with those FAB houses! GREAT creation!

Giovana Smith said...

Love it!!!! What a fantastic piece!

toni said...

Love these pages! gorgeous colours and very evocative of those autumn nights ! x

Laura Turcotte said...

That is such a great project! love the colors! And the design--well done!

Jeanann said...

Love your piece and the fabulous story behind it! Thank you so much for sharing .. BEAUTIFUL

butterfly said...

Another joy of a journal page, Tracy... there's just something about your style that makes me happy deep, deep down. I love what you do with these houses, and the paint swatches also make me really happy... thank you!
Alison x

toni said...

Hi Tracy, I left a comment earlier but don't know where it went ! I LOVE these journal pages,lovely rich colours and such atmosphere! great work ! x

Karen Crossen said...

Love the houses!! They are bright and beautiful!

Andiepants said...

Amazing story to go with an amazing piece of work.

Mary-Ann Maldonado said...

Tracey, this is amazing. You always impress me with your mixed media skills. Love it!

Thienly Azim said...

Wow!!! This is fabulous! I must say that I love coming here to see your Unity projects! They inspire me greatly in different ways - 'cause I'm so afraid of mixed media! Love your story you shared - what a great project to remember that! You have a great weekend, too!

Rachel W K said...

very beautiful page! those houses look darling
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

Gaylynn said...

This art is amazing and your story is poetry. I look forward to your projects as they are so unique and filled with creativity.

Ruby said...

Just stunning project.

Bonnie Irvine said...

I want to live on this street. It's lovely and inviting and has the most wonderful houses that just seem to hug me. Fabulous pages. The sky is magical and contrasts beautifully with the happy house colours. I love that you included personal journalling within the design. Your Uncle James will live in this happy place with you forever. Very cool, Tracy.

Linda said...

super houses!!

Gwen said...

Oh what fun!! LOVE the mixed media houses! Awesome! And your word....splodged....is perfect!

Angeline Choo said...

Tracy, I've not been seeing your projects recently, but this is amazing!! Love that you put the colors references at the side too. AMAZING as always Tracy.

Annmaree of Oz said...

Beautiful colourful houses, Tracy! Love them!

Julie Odil said...

Thank you for sharing your memories of Uncle James with us, Tracy. Your journal pages with their love-filled houses are awesome! I could stare at this blog post forever!

scrapper al said...

Fabulous artwork and wonderful memories!

Erin Smetak said...

Holy amazingness Tracy!!!! WOW! Your pages are AWESOME! I LOVE how you created those houses, and the story about your family is priceless! What wonderful memories!
You rock, sister!

Kassi said...

That is amazing! I love that it is done in a book, and that there is such a story behind the art! I also love that you take notes right beside your project for future reference. genius!

Barb King said...

Love the vibrant colors!

Laura Turcotte said...

ok-my 2nd comment! I had to re-read your post, because when I first read, it did not click that the houses were from Unity, yet they looked soo familiar! Now I know why! :)Great job!

Karen (karey2005) said...

Stunning! Love!

Nicole N. (Nicole's Craft Nook) said...

Super dee duper cuteness!!!!! I love seeing the little neighborhoods & happy homes you make!! :))
Sweet memories of star gazing, as well !! :))
Xo

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I sat an took this in for minutes on minutes! It is such an amazing piece of work. I really felt your story, also.

Corrie said...

Absolutely stunning

Corrie said...

awesome colors

Crystal said...

This is stunning and what a lovely memory it captures!

Miwa said...

Wow, what a gorgeous project!

JPScraps said...

This is fabulous! I love all the bright colors.

Thienly Azim said...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm featuring this project on my DT Tuesday Unity post :)