Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Home is where the Heart is . . . Studio 12 stamps co branded with Susan K Weckesser

 Hi everyone, Tracy here today to share a project using one of the
Susan K Weckesser co branded with Studio 12 stamps 
that are here in the UK and I can`t tell you how much I love them and believe me they are gorrrgeous . . .
...you can find all 6 sets in the Polkadoodles shop HERE.

My project today - still using up odd bits and bobs of wood along with watercolor paints.
How it started off - A quick lick of white acrylic paint, then using an archival ink pad to stamp!
The wood is uneven so the roof looks slightly faded but I kinda like it.
Colored with Windsor and Newton Watercolor paints
I added a few bricks on the house along the way and a doodle here and a doodle there with a fine black liner pen.
I continued stamping the house and coloring all the around, changing up the colors  along the way and adding more doodles.
I stamped the sentiment
Home is where the Heart is
chopped it all up and fixed a part on each little house.
Finishing with a little chipboard heart and another sentiment from the set.
With all the Susan K Weckesser stamps I now have in my stash { smile }I think I might get all inky and make a village with a little harbour for my Sail Away wooden Block I put together for my last post.
Well that`s all from me today.
Thank you for taking the time to look.
 Till next time
Big Hugs
xoxox

8 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is terrific.

Glitzzynews blogspot said...

This is just beautiful! Luv colours u have used stamps are sooo pretty.luv all ur fantastic ideas u make them into works of art would look sooo great where ever u place them or would make special gifts for special family or friends xxx

Annmaree (Emu) said...

its amazing what you can do with just a block of wood Tracy!

Love the fab houses and great colours!

butterfly said...

Great recycling of that block of wood into delicious art!
Alison x

Katie said...

Super cool project! Love that you did this on a block of wood. The images are still so sharp and colorful!

Julie Short said...

Are there any trees left in Scotland Tracey or has it all been turned into lumber which is waiting patiently in your shed ready to be turned into gorgeous pieces like this?
Love the colour and a village would be awesome!

nmnastali said...

All of those bright colors are my faves! It really makes those houses jump off the page (I mean wood!!!) ;)) ;))
So exceptional -- please keep at it & post, post, post!!
I'm so glad to see that you are back to crafting & that must mean that life is good, too!!
Xoxo

Annie said...

Hi Tracy, Annie here, your newest follower :-) and I live in Scotland too ( South West) love the colours and fab stamps. Very quirky, which I love.

Crafty hugs Annie x