Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Get Altered with eclectic Paperie . . . Spoons.

 Hi everyone, Just popping with my Altered spoons for the The Get Altered challenge that has been running over at the eclectic Paperie blog, hosted by the lovely Toni who has chosen Spoons.
Thank you for the inspiration Toni!!
If you know me then you will know I love old and shabby . . . the spoons that I purchased were neither!
Yep the spoon on the right is the very " shiny " before!!!
 The effect I was going for was so easy to achieve with the help of a few ingredients from the eP Shop, just click on the links -
Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads - Walnut Stain and Black Soot
Heat Tool
Old book pages, Raffia, Twiggy Heart, Button and a recycled tag. 
 Want to see how I put it all together?

I will be popping back with a post next week with a step by step picture tutorial if you`re interested.
Spoons with a difference!
Be sure and stop by the eclectic Paperie blog for more inspiration from the girls and entries . . . PLUS you still have until 
19.06.13 at 11.59pm EST to get an entry in.


Well that`s it from me tonight.
 Thank you for stopping by.
Big Hugs
XOXOX

10 comments:

butterfly said...

Absolutely fabulous... can't wait for the tutorial - what a gorgeous transformation! So glad to see you back here with this fantastic make - hope life's treating you a little better...
Alison xx

Rhonda Miller said...

These turned out great.

Colleen said...

Tracy,
Great coloring, love the distressed look and the words you chose are wonderful.

toni said...

Gorgeous spoons, fabulous love the materials you've used to create this wonderful vintage style, x

Annmaree (Emu) said...

What a very cool and unique idea Tracy!!! Love those spoons! Super beautiful and unique display pieces! Those beat souvenir spoons any day!!!

Micki said...

I can't wait for the tutorial. I absolutely LOVE how vintage-ie your spoon turned out. LOVE it and love the raffia around the handle.

Kim said...

Stunning spoons, Tracy! I love the rubs and the wrap about the handle. Can't wait to see the tutorial!

Katie said...

So very cool!!

nmnastali said...

Woo hoo!!!!!!! I'm back from the beach & these are FAN-TABULOUS!!!! I will def be on the look for the tutorial!!!
I can't even begin to understand how you went from new to shabby chic!!!!

Julie Short said...

Tracy what a super fun idea! I can just imagine you all gluey and having a lot of fun figuring this project out. Shabby Chic in your hands ROCKS!