Friday, 3 May 2013

Mixed Up Media Chix - Art Journal Blog Hop

Happy Friday everyone and welcome to . . .
 
 first blog hop!
 About a month ago we got a little group of us together to do this fun Art Journal Blog Hop!
I haven`t been art journaling long but have come to love the freedom of sitting down and letting my imagination take over . . . not to mention the joy I have at the end when my hands are paint and ink splattered . . . Bliss!
If you arrived here from Rebecca`s blog then you are on the right path. If you have popped over for a visit and want to join in . . . then hop on over to Maria`s to set you on your way HERE.
 With my creative mojo feeling that it has taken flight lately . . . what better way to get it back by creating a set of wings to find it again!
I took my very old but loved little raggedy car boot sale book and got started with the background.
Time to splodge some Gesso all over, spritz with some Smooch and Maya Mists, a little
 Tim Holtz Distress Re Inkers along the top sprayed with water to make lovely drips down the pages and finishing with a little embossing powder in copper.
Time to start the wings ... snip,snip,snip ... one set of wings waiting on strips of fabric to be added.
Once dry, grab your heat tool and blast the material to give it a beautiful aged look and add Mica powders for more texture on the wings.
A fine black liner pen adds more detail to the wings. I have to tell you the words are
 Tim Holtz Idea Ology Rubs - Words and I adore them, plus they fit this page so well.
My mojo has found it`s wings and is - Free To Fly, have courage, stand boldly, look within and so much more!
" SURPRISE !!! "
Before I head off I thought you might like to know that I have put together a surprise package full of goodies for one lucky commentor who leaves a message here.
You have until Monday night to leave a comment and winners will be announced on Tuesday!

Your next stop along the way is Karen, just click HERE.

If you get lost along the way here is the line up -

  • Maria Levine 
  • Rebecca Daniels 
  • Tracy Easson 
  • Karen Nofziger 
  • Lisa Hetrick 
  • Angeline C 
  • Gwen 
  • Julie Odil 
  • Chris McAdams
  • Tameko Mays 
  • Lynn Goldman Happy Hopping everyone.

  • Happy Hopping

    Hugs
    xoxox

    28 comments:

    Annmaree (Emu) said...

    awesome idea for a blog hop Tracy! I so love Art Journalling and Mixed Media, and having just started giving it a go myself, its great to gain more inspiration and tips from other inked professionals like yourself!

    OH How I love these wings, the texture and layers you created, so cool!

    Off I go to hop!

    Angeline said...

    Tracy, this is amazing!!! i absolutely love the textured wings. WOW!

    Monique said...

    Your page looks great, you have certainly given your mojo wings =). I love the rustic effect you created on your page and the effect of the fabric wings.
    xx

    Julie Odil said...

    These wings and the idea behind them are so inspiring! Thank you for sharing your process with us! Yes, creativity, like wings, needs to s-o-a-r. Fly high, my talented friend. Fly high.

    butterfly said...

    Wow, Tracy - can I just say, O M G!! That background is totally and utterly to die for... every time I see a page like this, I think that I must start playing in my journals and free up my work - this is extraordinary inspiration to do just that - thank you!!
    Alison xx

    Linda . J said...

    This is just gorgeous Tracy, love the colours and your design is beautiful, so inspiring too.
    Hugs Linda

    Laura Turcotte said...

    holy moly---that is one FANTASTIC page!!

    I'm a new follower!

    Julie Masse said...

    Very cool!! Love the texture and detail!! :)

    Lisa said...

    Tracy, the texture is stunning. Just stunning. LURVE IT! Thanks for sharing it! -Lisa

    Maria Levine said...

    oh my gosh! AMAZING! You used fabric, love it!!! and that background way cool!! Thank you so much for hopping along in our FIRST (yes perhaps there will be more!) blog hop!

    Chris said...

    I love how you did the wings!I love the whole grunge feel to this!!

    Rebecca Daniels said...

    Tracy, I new it would be magical. Maybe those wings brought your mojo back!

    Love this page. All that texture is wonderful...thanks so much for sharing how you did it.

    nmnastali said...

    YOU DID IT, my friend!!! I'm so glad you have your mojo back!! You have found your wings, now fly!! :) :) :)

    Fabulous job!!!

    :) :) :)

    NinaN said...

    Gorgeous! The texture on the wings is fantastic!

    JPScraps said...

    This is amazing! I love how you did the wings!

    Tameko said...

    Wow Tracy this is amazing!!!!! I love all the details you shared!

    Lynn Bishop said...

    So cool! I loved seeing your process and how the page evolved. Glad your mojo is in full flight!

    Marjie Kemper said...

    Beautiful pages, Tracy!! Love those gorgeous wings.

    Lucy said...

    Wow-totally awesome wings!

    Rhonda Miller said...

    Oh my goodness, your page is amazing.

    suzieq23 said...

    The wings are so creative! Lots of great texture. Will be stopping back at your blog on a regular basis now that I have found you from the blog hop. great hop by the way.

    Glitzzynews blogspot said...
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
    Karen (karey2005) said...

    I'm a new follower and am so glad. You have some truly beautiful posts, and this one is no exception! Wow!

    Ava Gavloski said...

    tracey, great journal page, thanks for the deets on how to get the look, appreciate those steps... great color tone selection...

    Gwen said...

    Your pages are so pretty! Love how you made the wings, very cool to use the fabric!

    Julie Short said...

    I missed this Tracy I have been pre-occupied.
    Your journal page is fabulous with a beautiful ethereal feel to it.
    The mixture of paper and fabric, restrained colour and words is perfect.

    Traceyr said...

    Tracy glad you have found your "wings" loving your page and very mixed media indeed.

    Get tip on the bulldog clip to hold the page steady too.

    :)

    Katie said...

    Tracy, this is a stunning mixed media piece! I am loving the message.