Thursday, 11 April 2013

Time for Tea . . .

Update - I have really missed joining in with Unity Stamp co. Friends with Flair the last few weeks...soooo....I am going to link up theses two projects using 
I am off to do some blog hopping for inspiration.
Thanks for looking
xoxo
Hi everyone, I am sooo excited to be combining two of my loves-
This week, our Susan K Weckesser team is partnering up for fun, color, and inspiration with Clearsnap, so make sure you check out both sites all week. And don’t forget to connect with our Facebook pages, too: 
  • Anyone for afternoon tea?
     I have popped together a whimsical paper mache tea cup and teaplate to share with you all using a few of my favourite things . . .
     It all started with an empty Kelloggs Cornflake packet, old book pages and watered down pva glue...
     . . . you can find a template and tutorial here from Ann Wood, will be trying this next time for sure.
I used a teacup to get a rough reference to make my base, chopping and sticking it all together . . . kinda rough and needs some love with stamps and inks galore!!
 A quick coat of white Acrylic paint and a quick blast from my heat tool to speed things up.
Taking the stylus tool from Clearsnap, I applied fluid Chalk ink pads for the background.
Time to get stamping with Colorbox Wicked Black Archival ink pad and
the flower stamps from Create your Day by Susan K Weckkeser

Did I tell you yet how much I looove Smooch?
I Looove them, here is a peek at just a few I have used to color in the stamped images . . .
Don`t they look just delicious and they have the cutest names . . . Taffy, Lettuce, Sassy Pink . . .

It was looking a bit flat at this point, so out came some Smooch Spritz in various colors along with a few Jumbo sized ones . . . my heart sings when I use them!
  I love how the Smooch Spritz brought it to life with bursts of color dotted around!
 I used the same mix of ink pads and sprays for the teaplate, stamped and then coloured to tie it in with the tea cup.
 Now if you have a cup of tea, then you have to have something to look at and as I adore
I got carried away and made this in my raggedy old book turned Art Journal,lol. 
 Spraying smooch Spritz to make my the background.
Inking up  The Happy Homestead and A Little Bit Washi with the Wicked Black Archival inkpad.
Applying the Watermark ink pad randomly to the page, sprinkling with Clear embossing powder and heating to give it a beautiful shine.
I took another sentiment from Create Your Day, stamped onto card, cut out and fixed in place to finish.
Whew, that`s all from me today
but
be sure to head on over to the Clearsnap blog and My Sweet Earth blog to check out what else the teams have created.
Happy Crafting
Hugs
XOXO

25 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love the tea cup!

Jennifer said...

Love he tea cup!

butterfly said...

Oh wow - I LOVE that teacup... it's just so quirky, pretty and fun... and the house page is to die for - you're amazing, Tracy!!
Alison x

Angeline said...

Tracy i Absolutely love it !! Am a follower now ;)

Maria Levine said...

WOW! Simply stunning all of it! That teacup soo awesome!!! Fabulous job. Glad to hear you love smooch. I haven't used mine much but I should pull them out!

Traceyr said...

Tracy your teacup and saucer are wonderful - how very clever of you. The decoration is fab too never heard of those Smooch inks either.

The random embossing on the house is a good idea too and one I've started to use. Gives the page added dimension doesn't it?

Have a great weekend.

:)

Glitzzynews blogspot said...

Wowwwww how special would a cuppa be in this beautiful cup with beautiful saucer such a fantastic work of art........what a work but oh sooooo worth it....now to your out of this world art journal pages ohhhhhhhhhh l am totally in love with that little house stamp,luv everything you have worked into those beautiful pages luv xxxxx

Julie Odil said...

I feel like I visited Alice In Wonderland. I love that teacup. Your projects are always so fun and quirky. Love them! Always!!

Emily H said...

Oh my goodness!! These are both super amazing!

Donna K said...

What an absolutely darling project! Your cup is just beautiful! Thank you for stopping by my blog today and for your lovely compliment on my Pretty In Pink post! Your visit made my day today! ~Donna K / Created by Donna K

8upscrapin said...

Wow your tea cup is amazing , you really know how to up cycle trash to a real treasure / PC of art .. I am wowed ..

Angie said...

oh wow, such beautiful work!! So gorgeous!!

Ruby said...

These projects are amazing. You are very artistic. Love the tea cup and page.

etdevlie said...

These are amazing! So pretty!

Gwen said...

Both of these are wonderful! The teacup is adorable but I also love your journal page!!

Annmaree (Emu) said...

Hello amazing Tracy! You are just too awesome!!! This amazing Tea cup rocks, I love the 3d cup and colours and flowers! The quote is terrific too!

Fabulous art journal page as well!

Karenladd said...

WOW! I am so impressed! Your projects just make those stamp sets shine!

Thienly Azim said...

My goodness. I JUST LOVE your work! Mixed/altered media art is where I'm weak at, but would LOVE to know how to do! You inspire me greatly!

Cynthia said...

Fabulous mixed media projects, Tracy! The recycled cereal box tea cup is so creative.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I too am weak in the altered art area, and I hope to learn some tips from you. Nice projects.

Kary said...

Hi Tracy! Your work is So Beautiful!! Love your style, and the teacup and saucer is such a great idea!

Karen (karey2005) said...

These are gorgeous! Really love them both!

SherylK said...

All I can say is WOW WOW WOW!!! So cute!!!! I haven't tried Smooches yet, but I want to. Do they last a long time? I just love love love your projects

Miwa said...

These are both such beautiful works of art! I'm in awe! :)

Marcie S. said...

Such an amazing project!! Way outside my comfort zone doing projects like that, but you have done it so beautifully!