Monday, 4 March 2013

ETeams Pick Challenge . . . folded paper

The eTeam Picks Challenge is held on the third Thursday of each month and each challenge is an opportunity for you to be inspired by one of our eTeam’s creations, to share your work and to be entered into our challenge prize drawing. This months host is Donna-Marie Cecere and her design challenge is Paper Folding. 
 As you can see I was late, I was late for a very important date! 
 But my dress is ready and I am all ready to join in with the party. . . just need to grab my shoes and Tiara ...
I have been swooning over paper dresses for a while now and as soon as Donna - Marie told us what the challenge would be I knew it was time to create one for myself.
Armed with a paper mache mannequin
{ donated by the best MUM ever,thank you Mum!!xox }
Tissue Paper
Acrylic paint
Tim Holtz Distress Stains -  
along with my trusty hot glue gun and Heat tool.
 Grabbing the tissue paper... rip, scrunch, crinkle, placing it roughly on the dress form and fixing in place with the hot glue gun...hot, hot, hot my fingers can be my witness to that,lol!
Then for the top . . . tons and tons off rolled little scraps of tissue into flowers . . . it took a while, again my fingers stand witness to it all and are complaining that after all that . . . I still expect them to type!!
I admit to having NO IDEA what I WAS DOING or HOW IT WOULD TURN OUT I just kept scrunching and gluing until I was happy.
 I wanted quite a soft touch of color, so off came the tops on the Distress Stains, added a dollop into a jam jar lid, added a little water with my mini mister and then flicked them onto the tissue paper with a brush.
I loove my heat tool and it came in really handy too add an aged look all over, I took it all over the bodice and skirts until it burned the tissue slightly . . . adding more shade by holding it in place a wee tad longer.
A little bunch of dry flowers, a sprinkling of roses, a key,Maya Road Vintage pins and Donna Downey/Unity stamp Company sentiment stamps was all that was needed to add the finishing touches.

I hope you liked looking and please remember it is my first time altering a paper mache mannequin.

Hello friends with Flair,
Happy Friday to you all, woohoo another weekend beckons!!!
Here is my project using sentiments from
 Art and Possibility {Donna Downey} by Unity stamp company
if you have popped by before I guess you can tell I do more altered art and mixed media, I may shock you one Friday with a card or two, lol!
But this week I wanted to share my party dress with you all . . . and . . . if you pop on back tomorrow you will see what I have been working on the past few days to add a little extra something to this outfit!
It involved some of this . . .
What can it be, hmmmm?
Catch you later.
  Till next time
Thank you for looking.
Hugs
xoxox
Also going to enter into Simon Says - Anything Goes 

33 comments:

Jaine Drake said...

Truly a work of art. What a stunning piece. Will your Mum be expecting it back and will you be able to part with it?

Tracy said...

Thanks Jaine...hahahaha Mum just might want it back!!

Annette Green said...

Better late than never. This is FABULOUS! So sweet and delicate and lovely.

FeistyCrafter said...

Gorgeous!! Now, can you make one I can fit in...lol. Love the look of your tissue dress

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow Tracy, this is amazing. I love it.

Colleen said...

Tracy,
This is amazing, I bet those fingers are still complaining.

Teresa Jaye said...

how gorgeous! I can't believe you flicked paint at it and then nearly set it ablaze!!!! Your risks paid off beautifully - it is an amazing piece!

Annmaree (Emu) said...

awesome dressform! I love the beautiful tissue dress, it looks like flower petals! So delicate and pretty and natural!!! Its all amazingly done.

butterfly said...

This is completely and utterly stunning - what a journey, and what a destination!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at eclectic Paperie.
Alison x

toni said...

Fabulous dress form ! What a brilliant makeover, lovely delicate layers x

Donna-Marie said...

WOW!!!
This is absolutely beautiful..I WANT one!!!! the subtle colors and details are awesome :-)

Glitzzynews blogspot said...

Well can you beleive it! You have went wayyyyyy overboard once again you take my breath away..Tracy,such a talent you have, this so divine,beautiful, special I adore it woww stunning awesome what a work with those tiny flowers on bodice,splashes of colour on tissue skirt OMG I love it...... I think your mum will let you keep it cause its sooo special lol luv xxxxxxxxxx

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Absolutely gorgeous !

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week

Hugs

Jo x

Marjie Kemper said...

What a fabulous dress! I love your spin on the folded paper theme. It's gorgeous!

Julie Short said...

That's how the BEST creations are made Tracy - with no real idea of the destination. Love your take on the challenge.

Geraldine said...

Beautiful altered dressform

Ruby said...

Cool project.

Angeline said...

Wow ! This is stunning !!

Julie Odil said...

I could have danced all night, I could have danced all night, then danced and danced some more.

You've been singing your way through FWF, so it seemed only right to sing a song for your absolutely fanTAStic creation. Wow! Lovely!

Miwa said...

Wow, what a neat project to make! Sounds like you had fun and what a gorgeous keepsake!

Tracy said...

Hahaha thank yoou Julie...loved it!!

Jen said...

Wow! What an amazing project!

libbym said...

So pretty and delicate! Wear your tiara with pride!! Gorgeous!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

So pretty and feminine, I wonder if they do it in my size??

Gaylynn said...

Beautiful paper folding, staining, design... well everything. This could be on the runway, lol.

Mel - The Paper Retreat said...

Such a pretty, pretty dress! Very creative and I love how you added the inspirational words to it!

Cynthia said...

Wow, what a fun project! Lovely details.

Meredith Adolf said...

Wow, what a lovely creation! I'd surely love one in my size! lol

Kary said...

Tracy, you are one very talented lady!! Your project is fantastic, and it looks awesome! Well done!!

JPScraps said...

This is gorgeous!

Michelle said...

How cool!

Mary said...

This is just amazing! I bet it is even prettier IRL. Very creative.

Pryn said...

WOW! This is completely STUNNING, Tracy!!!! I am in awe :)

Hugs to you!