Thursday, 7 February 2013

Get Altered Challenge with eclectic Paperie . . .

Hi everyone, I am so excited to be hosting the 2nd Get Altered Challenge with eclectic Paperie.
The theme I have chosen is altered books, I altered a very old unloved book along with an extra altered book cover.
 I took a bunch of old book pages... nicely aged already and made a front and back cover using
 Pan Pastels Mixed Media Kit 1, it came with a free code to watch Donna Downey in action - AMAZING and so inspiring, love her work! 
 To make the heart shape . . . yep I know,I know I always love a heart somewhere on my project . . . Can you believe I used a Dylusions Oh Christmas Tree Template to create it . . . honest.
It took me straight out of my comfort zone.
You can see how I created this over on the eclectic Paperie blog.
Here is a closer look at the texture on the front, can you see what I have used to hold it altogether . . . 
Tim Holtz Idea-ology clock key,it`s great as I can take pages out to work on and then pop it back and add more if I want. 
 The back view, I aged it even more with my trusty heat tool. It is a really touchy feely altered book now.
It hasn`t shown up well but I have stamped on this heart too with Wendy Vechhi Studio 490 Art on Her Mind Stamp Set  . . .
 "The Artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without the work"
What kind of altered book is it?
 Why a Creative Ideas book because they are all in my head swirling around driving me crazy till I make them,lol!
Here is a little sneaky peek inside with a finished project . . .
On the right is a page from the altered book with an idea, on the left the idea came to life.
Yep I am loving working with toilet paper!!
This one is a work in progress right now . . . Fairy house altered book complete with windows, door and a chimney.
I would love to show you more but that would spoil the surprises I have in store over the next few months.
Please pop on by the eclectic Paperie blog for all the details on the challenge. It will be running for a few weeks so plenty of time to join in plus a prize is up for grabs!
I hope I have managed to inspire you to go grab some books and let your imagination run wild.
Till next time
Hugs
xoxoxo

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wowzer.........adore your journal book and the pages are to die for..what a fantastic idea! Love the key,good to know about it. Love the colours you have used..Need to get my thinking cap on xxx

Annmaree (Emu) said...

How stunning are these altered books! Just amazing, Tracy!

Love the colour and vintage distress shabby chic look and feel, so beautiful!

Dianne said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, I love altered things, thanks for sharing, All your work is lovely...

fulkai scrap said...

I love it! gorgeous!

Rebecca Daniels said...

What AMAZINGNESS!

Glitzzynews blogspot said...

You are amazing!!!!!!! Adore your journal pages and the cover is to die for,luv colours u have used.xxxx

Ana K. said...

What a great journal, covers are amazing!

Marjie Kemper said...

Tracy, your book is positively stunning! So sorry to be late coming around but I wanted to say how much I love your rich color and texture, and that I really enjoyed the challenge.