Thursday, 3 January 2013

Wishes, Heart and Home . . .

Hello everyone,today I have a sweet little plate to share with you all as my design team project for
  At the start of the design team term, Susan gave us a few themes to think about and the one that struck a cord and memory with me was. . .
Wish Upon A Star 
Remember as a child looking up and wishing on the first star you saw at night.
This takes me back to walking home with my Mum, sister and Uncle James on many a dark night with the stars shinning bright.
Uncle James would point out the 7 sisters, the plough and many more, filling me with awe and wonder.
But the "over- riding" emotion of my memories is FAMILY and LOVE hence the house for home, 
the words . . .
Home Is Where You Hang Your Heart
 for Love 
and the stars are for the wishes that I wish for my family at the dawn of a New Year . . .
Love, health, peace, happiness and never stop reaching for your dreams.
 Wishes do come true!
Soooo how did I pop it together?
Just take some white Air dry clay, roll it out and use a plate to cut around making your circle.
Take The Happy Homestead stamp  from Unity stamps co branded with Susan K Weckesser . . . it is huuuge and did I mention how much I loooove it . . . and stamp on the clay.
Now for the fun part . . . colouring!
So what did I use . . . no not paints . . . Tim Holtz Distress ink pads for vibrant colour.
Smooched some ink onto my craft mat, spray with water and then painted to my hearts content.
To add a little dimension I re-stamped the image, cut out the door and made some grass, flowers and a little brick path from the clay, just attach with a little water.
To add the glimmer I sprayed some Tattered Angels Glimmer mist in Pearl along with Clear snap Smooch Glitz in Frost for sparkle.
For the stars and wording I used a Sakura pen touch Metallic silver fine point marker.
All that I have left to do is protect it all with a layer of clear varnish.
So do you still wish upon a star?
We would love to hear if you do and then go on to create a piece of art,just stop by the blog and leave a comment.
Well that`s all from me today
Thank you for looking
Hugs
xoxox 
 I am linking this up to the lovely Friends with Flair over on the Unity Stamp Blog.
Have you used Unity stamps this week on your project?
Hop on over and check out Friends with Flair here 

30 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Wow! This looks fantastic!

Rebecca Wagner said...

Brilliant!! Love your plate, display with pride. ^__^

butterfly said...

What a beautiful piece... love the colour and patina you've created on the air-dried clay - isn't it great stuff?!
Alison x

Jane Songhurst said...

Tracy this is fantastic, I love it & have never played with clay, but you have wetted my appetite, thank you.
Happy new year darling & I hope this year holds everything that you wish for in 2013
hugs
Jane xx

Kim Dellow said...

Just perfect! Love it to bits. Kim

Molly said...

Such a joy to see something unusual,wouldn't have thought about clay for this,its fab,love the colours and the stamp,well done you xx

Julie Short said...

What a lovely piece Tracy - both your plate and your post! Hope you are feeling on top of the world now.

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is amazing. I love it.

michib said...

What an absolutely beautiful piece of art!!! LOVE IT!

Angel said...

This is stunning !!! Stamping on a plate is genius!

Julie Odil said...

This is fantastic! You make it sound so simple, but I bet it's not!

Ava Gavloski said...

You can really see the love that went into this piece of creative artwork. great job showcasing the stamp
ava g

kdgowdy said...

Lovely project :-)

Gwen said...

Oh this is just delicious!! Looks like so much fun.....and the possibilities.....TFS!! Off to visit eclectic paperie.

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

oh Wow! love this :-)

Carol L said...

Beautiful artwork, and such a great finished plate! NJ!

Ruby said...

WOW What an amazing project.

Crystal said...

WOW, thank you for this wonderful tutorial! Your plate is just gorgeous and I love your story about wishing upon stars. Using stamps to make clay impressions is such a fabulous idea that had never occurred to me!

Karen (karey2005) said...

What a gorgeous piece of art!

Diana Fernandez said...

Wow beautiful creation!

marilyn said...

WOW!!! SO very creative. Yet another use for my stamps and distress inks!!!!

Chris D. said...

Holy Shiny Stars Batman! This project is incredible! Love it! And yes, when I take the dog out one last time before going to bed, I look up every night to gaze and wish upon stars!

Sue D said...

Wow--what an awesome project!

Jen said...

Ummmm.... brilliant! Fab idea and I love how it turned out!

Rebecca Daniels said...

THIS is such a wonderful project...and inspired by your family memories...makes it even better.

Lindsey said...

This is beautiful! What a fabulous result -- and thanks for sharing your technique, too.

cinmfoster said...

Beautiful, thanks for including a tutorial.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

That is a truly amazing art piece! Wow, thanks for the details!

Sam said...

Very cool!!! Lovely piece, thanks for sharing.

Michelle said...

Amazing plate!! Thanks for the idea!