Sunday, 25 March 2012

One Word,One Technique week 13

Hi all it is my turn to show you my project for One Word One Technique  week 13.
You can find the post here along with inspiration from my lovely DT buddies!
March Technique -  Embossing
This weeks word prompt is - Inspire

I couldn't decide between Metal magic and UTEE sooo me being me i thought . . . WHY . . . not do both,lol!

So first up Metal Magic by Debbie Moore and this powder is Truly magical!
This powder lets you make metal embellishments using your own stamps or use your punches to make metal shapes.
First i inked up my stamp with black versamark.
Then i inked up some card with clear versamark and sprinkled the powder on,tipping off any excess.
Heat with a heat tool and while hot sprinkle on more powder and heat,while it is still hot press your stamp into it.
 
 {As you can see i have been doing a lot of stamping and need to clean my acrylic blog!!!}
Lift your stamp off and you are left with a deep impression.
I waited till it was cool,then bent the card to make cracks appear and rubbed over with the blending tool with Black Soot inkpad.

Second up my all time favourite UTEE so many ways to use this powder,i couldn't be without this in my stash!
Time to turn my attention to my art journal and the cover.

I chose a piece of Simple Stories patterned paper and cut to size and fixed in place.
Inked up the quote and heart stamp with black versamark and stamped,sprinkle fine clear embossing powder and heat with heat tool.
This gives you a nice outline to go in with colour,i used Smooches.
Taking the clear versamark pad i  then stamped it all over the cover,sprinkled with UTEE and heat with the heat tool.
To get an even finish repeat another 2 times.

On the back cover i used the fine clear powder which gives it a totally different look.
Just to finish it off i added some trim..
You can find my post here over at Truly Madly Crafty.
I am also linking up with Marcia at Just Journals link party.
BWS tips button
Click on the pic above to be taken to her inspiring blog!
Thank you for looking and hope you all enjoyed your time here.
If you have been inspired to have a go then please pop back and let me know,i would looove to see what you create!
Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend
Till next time
XOXOXOX

7 comments:

Lotus said...

Hi Queenie!
Thank you so much for the comment on my blog. I wasn't sure if I did the linky-thing right! I will do better next time, and add the Just Journals Link Party button too. ; )
I love what you've done with your journal cover! I don't alter my covers for some reason. All of my journals have plain covers. Not sure why... I guess I don't want to mess it up while I'm working on the inside. lol
Have a wonderful week!
Lotus

Alison said...

I have NEVER heat embossed..I keep thinking I should try it..especially after seeing the effects you have achieved!
Alison xx

Myfanwy said...

Lovely effects, I haven't used embossing powder for ages. I've popped over from the Just Journals link, but can't post a comment on blogger using my Nuvofelt persona tonight. Not sure why.

Rhonda Miller said...

What a fun embellishment idea. Thanks for showing how to do it.

Annmaree (Emu) said...

awesome idea girl, and LOVE all those stamps and the art journal looks amazing!!!!!

cbee said...

That's a great cover ... I'm already looking forward for your pages!
hugs,
Caro

Glitzzynews blogspot said...

well done Tracy,yet again u have out done yourself! Luv your journal pages,wow..........metal embossing powder is awesome.....
Keep up the fantastic work luv xxxx