Sunday, 26 February 2012

One Word,One Technique week 9

Hi everyone, it`s  my turn to show you my project for One Word One Technique week 9.


For a reminder of how 'One Word, One Technique' works, click here for Maxine's introduction.

February Technique - Stamping
This weeks word prompt - Together

Lately i have been using a lot of Simple Stories papers and one quote on the paper stuck in my mind
"We may not have it all Together but Together we have it all "
it pretty much sums up my marriage to the man in my life who i have known for the last 25yrs.

It was time to take a deep breath and crack open my journal  for a new technique and time to get messy!
I gathered together my  American Crafts Alphabet stamps and my most treasured stamp in my collection,i love it and it comes from Crafty Individuals,every time i see it i think of Alex and me out on our bikes.
But first i had to do my background ,cut to size Simple Stories green/notebook  patterned paper and pieces of paper from an old book and adhere to journal,then i got messy with a mixture of Distress ink pads(Walnut,Fired Brick,Brown Corduroy),re inkers and white acrylic paint till you get the look you are happy with...guess you can tell i love the shabby distress look,lol . . . if you could only see my inky hands!!
Using the alphabet stamps i stamped the quote straight onto my pages, but i really wanted the word prompt to pop a little more,so i took another scrap of background paper and stamped the word "Together" again.
Cut it into 2 seperate pieces then inked over with the blending tool using fired brick distress ink pad.
Popped into place using silicone glue to adhere giving it the height i wanted.
I then took a journal strip from Simple Stories strip elements and chopped it into 4,inked and then using a stapler stapled into place on either side at the top.
Taking the crafty indivdual stamp i stamped it first on the left side of my page and then used smooches to add a little colour.
Using another scrap of the background paper i stamped the image again and added smooches for colour.
Take a piece of memory glass, i popped some sepia glossy accents onto it and then placed it over the image,pressing it down hard until it smoothes out the accents,once dry i placed it in a memory frame and adhered it with the glossy accents to the bottom right to finish my journal pages.

Hopefully although i am a complete newbie at journalling you have enjoyed looking at my journal pages and been inspired to  get messy so go on crack open those inkpads and stamps and start creating!
If you do create a project then please pop over to One Word One Technique and leave a link so the DT can pop over and admire and leave you some love!

I am linking this to Just Journals and you can find them here
Big hugs and have a great day.
OXOXOXO

10 comments:

Titbelsoeur toute seule said...

Hey ! I am glad you left a comment on my blog, I popped up to your blog and found out so many beautiful creations !
hugs from France !

Traceyr said...

Tracy you have started your journalling journey with a great page. So have you celebrated your 25th Wedding Anniversary already? Here's to the next 25 :)

Queenie said...

Thanks,Tracey we have known each other for 25yrs and married for 23yrs..not long now though till our silver wedding!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is great. I love the quotes you've used. TFs.

Alison said...

This is fab...and I can just imagine how inky your fingers were!
Alison xx

Annmaree (Emu) said...

That is so awesome girl!!!

I just LOVE those alphabet stamps, awesome idea!

How funny I just did an art journal page today too!!!

Yours is better though, gorgeously done!!!

Rock on Sweetie!

Carolyn Dube said...

This is wonderful! The drips, the stapled words, the images- all of it!!

Angenita said...

Such a lovely page and I just love the quote.
Thanks for stopping by at my blog.

Glitzzynews blogspot said...

awww i luv ur pages,u used my fav' stamp again,i need that stamp lol,luv way u have got all distressed looks they are fab.
luv xxxx

froebelsternchen Susi said...

awesome!