Sunday, 29 January 2012

One Word One Technique

Hi everyone it`s week 5 of One Word One Technique over at Truly Madly Crafty Blog And it is my turn to create the example this week.

Every month there will be a different technique and each week a different word prompt to hopefully inspire you.
You can make either a one off project or like me make a journal .
My first ever technique journal,nothing like diving right in there,lol!!

January technique is Painting
This weeks word prompt is Wish

Here is my first ever journal pages so please be kind,lol.
I am going to confess that i found it scary as i always work with patterned paper.
My background was so easy to create!
I started with a layer of gesso to give my pages a base, then i splodged [love that word,lol] some gold pearlescent  straight onto the pages
brushed it in till i was happy ,dry brushed more gesso over then worked in with a sponge.
 To add the splotches i used distress ink and with a fine brush flicked it over the page,i did find that it didn`t absorb into the page so with some kitchen towel i lightly dabbed over the top.
I still wanted a more aged look  so took some distress ink pads and with the blending tool worked it in around the edges of the pages.
For the heart i took some cardboard and took the backing of to reveal the corrugated board,then dry brushed with some gesso and the gold paint and finished with stamping the Wish sentiment.
Sprinkled some seed beads over the page and fixed in place, had fun stamping and adding embellishments and journalling.
The wheels for me represent our life spinning faster and the car because we are all on a journey.
Wishes for me are getting simpler and more meaningful the older i get and all i want is to see my boys grow and live a happy and full life and to be a part of it.
I have been married for 23yrs to Alex and hope to spend many many more years with him.
Well that`s it for me today and hope you have enjoyed looking and to find out more then please pop by the Truly Madly Craft blog and hope you take up your brushes andcrack open your paints and get creating.
Happy Sunday
OXOXOXO
Materials
Artists white Gesso,Pearlescent gold Acrylic paint,brushed corduroy and black soot distress ink pads,brushed corduroy ink,Tim Holtz sprocket gears and film strip,7 gypsies key,seed beads.
Stamps
My Thoughts Exactly - Wishe sentiment
Unity stamps - journalling bracket
Tim Holtz -quote,butterfly and car

16 comments:

Annmaree (Emu) said...

Love this journal page Ms Queenie, too fun!!! Love the antique look of the paint!!!

Tricia said...

Wow! What an awesome job! I think you are a natural art journaler! I just love all you did - the 3-d things are great and I love the car at the bottom and how you described it. I may just have to try a page about "wish" this week. I am doing Effy's Book of Days this year. It is totally free - you should check it out. Here is the link for you to sign up:
http://effythewild.typepad.com/effy/book-of-days-2012.html
It is not to late to join in.

Blessings,
Tricia

Melisa said...

It sure doesn't look like a first time spread. I bet you are hooked already! :) I love the cardboard heart and the background color.

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

Those cogs and wheelie things were a wonderful addition to your pages- great job!

Lesley Edmonds said...

Hi Queenie,

Thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving me such lovely comments.

I must say that as a first try at journalling these pages are wonderful! But then after having a happy browse around the rest of your blog I am not surprised as you are obviously a very creative lady.

Happy Journaling.
Lesley

Susan.... said...

Simply stunning Tracy ! l love the whole concept and your way of thinking about the meaning of each embellishment you have used.
Hope you and all your family are well..
hugs
susan x

Marcia said...

Awesome! Art journaling is not much different from any other sort of collage or papercrafting! I'm glad you found Just Journals and I hope you continue to participate! love your page :)

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, your journal page is so great. I love all the elements. TFS.

Bee's hive said...

Wow! I love this look and it seems like such a great technique to segue into so many other projects...diggin' the steampunk(ie) feel:)

Jessica Lattimer said...

If you hadn't told me this was your first try at journaling I never would have guessed! Love love love it!

Michelle H. said...

Gorgeous!!
Love these two pages!!
WTG!!
You rocked this challenge!!
Love all the techniques you used!!
Love & hugs!

Cheryl said...

oh wow Hun this is one,stunning journal page hun just love this to bits,hugs Cherylx

Angenita said...

I feel honoured to see your first page. You did a good job, I like it a lot.
Enjoy filling up the rest of your book. Making an artjournal is big fun to do.

Glitzzynews blogspot said...

Love,love your journal pages,they are just awesome work,looked like you enjoyed doing the work for it!!!! wowwwwww luv the colour u used on background,luv ur tim holtz car stamp...aw the heart is a master piece luv it,cogs etc just all seem to fit ur journaling,well guess u know by now.....I lovvvvvvvveeeeeeee it xxx

Traceyr said...

Tracy really this is your first ever journal page? I don't believe it as Victor Meldrew would say. This is wonderful I love the cogs and the background is super.

This will be one of many I can tell. :)

Jani Lewis said...

Wonderful and it looks like fun. I have always been a little intimidated by art journals though.

Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com