Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Ten things on the tenth.....

Hi everyone,
I am joining in again with Shimelles  challenge..blog 10 things on the 10th,pop on by Shimelle`s blog and check it out!!
This time round i am sharing a little of what i love about Edinburgh,so much to love that i will have to do Edinburgh again...anyhoo here goes...
Well for me to get to Edinburgh i have to cross The Forth Road Bridge...


Edinburgh Castle....

The Tattoo..

Scott Monument....

Arthurs Close On The Royal Mile...i love all the closes!!
One of the oldest buildings on The Mile..
Mary Kings Close...woooooooooo prepare to be scared!!!
Beneath the City Chambers on the Royal Mile lies Edinburgh's deepest secret – Mary King's Close! A warren of hidden streets where real people lived, worked and died between the 17th and the 19th centuries. Now a five-star, award winning attraction which allows visitors to step back in time and walk through these underground closes to witness some of the dramatic episodes and extraordinary apparitions from this site's fascinating and historically rich past.
The Palm House in The Royal Botanic Garden...
  St Giles Cathedral..

 
Last but not least The Fringe is on woohoo hope to visit this weekend and see all the street artists.
Too-di-loo for now
and thanks for looking.
OXOXO

25 comments:

Sheena said...

Wow so much to see in Edinburgh.
love your photos really do it justice x

Irene said...

DH and I love Edinburgh and have been there several times. I haven't been to the Botanic Gardens yet and I don't think they had that underground attraction last time we were there. Thanks for commenting on my blog!
Irene x

Jane said...

My mother-in -law came from Edinburgh, a lovely city full of history

Sherry C said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I need to visit! :)

Photographing Mom said...

Absolutely beautiful photos! Would so love to visit there!!

Alison said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog....love your pics of Edinburgh...we are 'Glasgow folk' but have not been adverse to a trip to Edinburgh now and then!
Alison xx

JulieJ said...

I have never been to Edinburgh. Your photos are fantastic - they look like postcards.

Monica said...

You sure made a great job promoting your city! Looks wonderful. I just have to go to Scotland some day! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind words.

Ruby said...

Your photos are stunning! Makes me feel like I have been on vacation. Thank you for the beautiful post.

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this looks like somewhere I would love to visit. Those are some fabulous sites. Thanks for sharing.

Daphne said...

What a great city! Haven't been there but it is definitely on my list! Thanks for sharing!

Fiona said...

Great photos - Edinburgh is a super place.

Cheryl M said...

Oh how I'd love to see these places! That's what is so extraordinary about the internet....we can visit through others' eyes. TFS!!

Tracy said...

I loved Edinburgh, that and London were my two favourite places in the UK. Great pictures.

Connie said...

lovely pic's~maybe some day I will get there in person.

photosglitterglue said...

Great photos! I love to be able to see places I may never get to see in real life. Thanks!

Deb said...

thanks for stopping by my blog. Those pictures are great - so much history. I'd love to visit the underground attraction - sounds amazing.

Katie said...

Awesome snapshot of Edinburgh. I lived in Scotland (Glasgow) for 5 years and regret not spending more time in Edinburgh.

Becky said...

Right, now I need a trip to Edinburgh! The last time I went I was only 14 and didn't really appreciate it! A long weekend destination with my husband I think. Thanks for sharing your city.

Michelle H. said...

Gorgeous pictures!! I think you mention awhile back you live outside of the city?
How far from Edinburgh?
Looks like a very beautiful place to visit!!
Thanks for the sweet comments about Ellie!!
Hope you have a fabulous weekend!!
Love & hugs!!

Miriam said...

I would just love to visit your city and now I have a travelog to take me around, Thanks, such a great list and lovely photo's.
x

Ifa said...

Yay to Edinburgh! We've been meaning to go up for the Fringe but still haven't got around to it.

Bee's hive said...

Awwww Lucky! What I wouldn't give to listen to a red headed Scott man talking...in Edinburgh, that is. You have a great time and eat alot of shortbread, and let me know how the haggis is:)

Kimberlee said...

Ohmygoodness. Such gorgeous photos. I so desperately want to visit.

Michelle H. said...

Hi, Tracy!!
How was your week?!!
I felt better on Friday with dd in school and hoping Monday will be a good day too!
Thank you so much for the blessed Bday gift!!
I love everything and look forward to creatig with that album one day!!
Dd loved her goodies to and was so excited!! That was so sweet thank you so very much!!
Now that we have soem free time for Sunday we were gone today I will have her make you a special card.
Hope you had a fabulous weekend!!
Thank you again I love all the gifts!!
Big hugs!