Sunday, 1 August 2010

Hellooooooo.....

Oh my giddy aunt...i am hanging my head in shame for having neglected my blog for....YIKES...months and "NOT" getting around to visit you all and seeing all your gorgeous creative makes and what you have all been up to.....Life just took over and left little time for blogging and crafting.
Also thank you all for your lovely comments on my journal and hello to some new followers...thank you!!!

With the start of a new month what better way to get me started but to give my poor,sad and neglected blog a makeover with the help of April from April Showers Design thank you April!

I have so missed crafting and the only time i have had to create has been when the cj`s have arrived in the post which thankfully has kept me going!!
Woohoo only August to go,then September we all get our journals back!

Other than the cj`s no other crafting until last Sunday...My Mums birthday was on the 29th July so "wahhhh" panic kinda set in seeing as it has been ages since i made a card ...i was pulling my hair i can tell you!!!
Anyhooo the picture above is what i came up with....
...and seeing as we where giving Mum Money i wanted to make a little something special just for her to open and i attempted an apron for her to use when she is crafting.....now if you know me you will know my stitching isn`t all that great in fact when i stitch on a card i call it shabby cause the stitching is usually all wonky tonky,lol,so "phew "doing straight lines was a toughie but i got there in the end after sticking pins in my fingers..ouch.. and almost getting burns ironing the hems before sewing,lol!
Sorry about the piccy but hope you get an idea of what it looks like...I did manage to get Rory and Kane to pop it on at times so i could check the length but "NO" way was i being allowed to take pics of them..humph
i guess they had a point though,lol!
I adore lace trimmings and have used them on the hem,top and waistband ..oh... and not forgetting the heart in the middle..Alex said i had to pop a heart on somewhere as it is kind of my trademark..and three little crochet flowers to finish.
Happy to report that Mum was over the moon and it was worth every minute spent on it to see the joy on mums face when she opened it.

Looking forward to catching up with you all and crafting again....till next time
chin chin cheerio
Hugs





20 comments:

Annmaree said...

I wondered where on earth you got to Tracy!!!

Welcome back, and dont do it again! lol

Love the Card and the Apron, its awesome!!!

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

WELCOME BACK! My dear blogging friend :-) I have missed seeing your wonderful work and sometimes wondered if there was something wrong with blogger not letting me know you have posted a new post!
I love the card you have made your mum, the stamp is sooo cute! As you can tell I am a bit into the b/w mood lately lol! great job on the apron, I think I said befor I have two sewing machines and only the mini one worked for a bit stiching ....paper lol
Can`t wait to see more photos from the journal, and I havent done it yet, I am very tempted though. Trying to have a banner swap on my blog, but Only have one sign up so far.
Great seeing you back, and thank you for your beautifulcomment on my blog. Great to have you back! x

Rhonda Miller said...

Hi Tracy. I'm glad you're back. What a great card. I love that paper. The apron is so cute. TFS.

Michelle said...

Hey, Tracy!!
I missed hearing from you!!
So glad you are back!
Send me your email or are you on FB?
So we can keep in touch!!
So glad you are doing well!
Very gorgeous card!!
That apron is so beautiful!!
Keep in touch!!
Missed you!!
Big hugs!!

Spyder said...

Hi Queen Tracy! and what a lovely change to your blog (I can't change mine..I've taken out the code and everthing and it's still comes back!!) Love your 'April Showers' card for your mum. Welcome back

(Lyn)

Linby said...

welcome back! Love the card - so chic and stylish. The apron looks lovely, how thoughtful. I think I could do with one as I am always rubbing my hands on my trousers! getting covered in glitter too.
Linbyx

Vicki said...

Hello stranger, do we know you.....lol welcome back to blogland, just love your card the image is fab and I'm really impressed with your apron, I bet she was absolutely delighted :)

Take care,

hugs
Vicki x

Andria said...

Welcome back Tracy, missed you being around and missed your inspirational makes too.

Traceyr said...

woop woop! So glad to see you again blogging Tracy. You new blog look is very fancy.

Lucky Mum receiving that gorgeous card and apron (your sewing looks ok from here)

I was thinking of you all month as I used my blog candy I won from you as my 365 Calendar challenge for July. Hope to get a photo on my blog soon too as my pc has been up the creak!

Great to have you blogging again. x

jackiescrafts said...

Welcome back Tracy, I wondered where you had got too. It's good to see you blogging again
Your card is gerat and the apron looks lovely, no wonder your Mum was pleased.

maxine said...

Hi Tracey these are fantastic hugs maxine

Pinkllilac said...

Beautiful card, love the image, your colouring and design are gorgeous, beautiful apron.
Hugs Linda

Melissa said...

your card is so pretty and the apron is such a fun fabric too! nice job and welcome back!

Michelle's Blog and Cards said...

Hi Tracy - nice to see you back on your blog. Your makes are beautiful as usual, especially that stunning black and white card, really love that. Thank you so much as well for your lovely comments on my blog - hugs Michelle x

JAN said...

Hi Tracy Jan here i do hope you are well ty so much for the message and i truly look forward to recieving my circle journal pages from you and if another circle journal is happening i would perhaps like to have a go maybe lol hugs janet

Michelle said...

Gorgeous gifts Tracy and the blog is looking fab-u-lous!! Hope you are well - lots of hugs - Shell xxxx

tiggertastic said...

what a wonderful gift, she will just love it to bits. the fabric is so pretty too.

fab card, really like the image


hope you are having a lovely bank holiday weekend, sarah x

pinkpuppy said...

What a beautiful card and cute apron Tracy hun,

Have something on my blog for you, you might wish to take a look :)

Scrappy Accents said...

Tracy it's so good to see you get back to some crafting again, your shed must be in need of a dusting? Stay in touch as I miss you.

Melissa said...

I love it! Great Job!! I want one!!!