Thursday, 4 March 2010

February`s calendar layout...

 This year i came across a blog called The Kathryn Wheel and Kate is running a 2010-365day calendar challenge!!
What i saw was inspiring and even though it was Feb i took up the challenge although mine will be running through to 2011.
For me trying to craft every day doesn`t always work so once i planned my page with the journalling squares, each day i popped on a little something about that day then later went back and used another journalling tag to either write,embellish or doodle on, then using utee i glazed the whole square and popped it on top of the original...why i hear you ask?....well this month my fav things are-
Utee  love using it on everything at the mo
Cosmo Cricket fabilicious papers
Ink to make it shabby
The trusty sewing machine
Unity stamp for the month of Feb image..Just found Unity and luv the stamps
and in a homeage to The Man himself "Tim Holtz" i used recycled coke bottle tops to mark his appearance on QVC,ordering the TSV and the parcel arriving on the Saturday..still whooping here,lol!!
The last day of the month i spent drooling over his new book so watch out for my March layout could be filled with Tim Holtz techniques..well maybe a few,lol!!!
With all my favs maybe i should have made my layout kinda "BIGGER"!
Still can hardly believe that i have actually managed to do something just for me for a change!!!!
Wonder what this month will bring???????
If you get a chance then pop by Kates blog for some inspiration and check out everyone elses fab pages.
Big hugs to you all
and thank you for leaving such lovely comments it always makes me smile.

14 comments:

Saskia said...

Wow!!!!! This is sooooo beautiful and creative!!! Great work!!

Saskia :)

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

That is such a briliant idea! and {YEY} for you making something for yourself :-)
I`m the same, all of what I made, I made to give to someone else :-)
Its looks fantasticly beautiful :-)
I`m Tim Holts fun my self, and just started stocking up on his fab stamps, and I ca not live without my ranger distress Ink this days LOL
<3

Fi said...

Wow, Tracy, I LOVE this!! It's stunning, so much detail and looks like lots of fun!

Thanks for the blog link- going to check it out now

Fi
x

BeccaRoo said...

WOW Tracy this is so pretty!! You did a great job on your calendar!! :o)

Cheryl said...

wow hunny this is fantastic work something i would love to do yours is stunning hun brilliant idea too love hugs cheryl xxxxx
did you see my post with tims book I have his original postcard xxxx

SHELL'S SHED said...

Wow Tracy!!! This is stunning - the colours you have used for your base and all of the stitching is just gorgeous - I can't quite zoom in close enough to make out all of the squares (they look about inchie size (are they?)) but the overall effect is so fabulous.

I'll check out the blog you've linked but I love this - inspirational :0)

Looking forward to seeing March and might have a go at this myself - thank you for sharing xx

hugs
Shelly

JAN said...

my goodness Tracy this is magnificent..what a fantastic project and creation..hugs to you from Darlington..Jan x

thekathrynwheel said...

Beeaauuuutiful work :-) This is really different and super-gorgeous! Well done for taking on the challenge, Kate x

Rainbow said...

So many beautiful details to admire here!! really beautiful work Tracy!!

Glitzzynews blogspot said...

Tracy,
I adore your calendar,so many good things onb it,loving the Tim, connection.Luv Mum xxx

Samantha said...

Hi there! Just thought i'd pop in to say hello, it's been awhile hasn't it? Hope you and family are doing well. This calendar lay out definitly has the wow factor, you did an amazing job. And UTEE too, I really want to learn how to use it, looks like fun crafting. Take care friend! xoxo Samantha

Traceyr said...

Tracy this is fantastic. I love the sewing and the different elements you have used. Your little drawings are fab too.

Can't wait to see March's pages. Keep going girl!

:)

WendyP said...

absolutely fantastically beautiful !!

Jean said...

Great blog Traqcy! So many fun cards and projects!