Monday, 7 September 2009

Creative Inspirations Challenge 17....and a few challenges combined..

Over at Creative Inspirations this week the lovely Louise has set the challenge
a colour combo-
Lilac/Purple and grey and Louise also has a fantastic prize for the lucky winner so pop on over and check it out and look forward to stopping by and seeing all your creative projects.
I thought my crafting mojo had deserted me as i was sitting in my shed on Friday night hauling out papers,pulling my hair,embellishments, stamps,inks,paints scattered on every available surface when suddenly thank goodness i thought about the wee fairy folk..why i hear you ask...well the window of my shed looks on a part of my garden that has a log,moss,stone and toadstool and it was so pretty and i had taken a picture of it through the week on a rare dry spell of weather and bingo that was how the Fairy trunk came to be....
I promise no Fairy was harmed in the making of the trunk box,the wings of this little fairy was all i managed to capture when i clicked the camera, she was a tad camera shy and in rather a hurry to join in the festivities, please be reassured that after the camera flashed the door popped open and a rather pretty {if rather irate} fairy popped back out and sorted herself out.
The magical knocker that you must knock on the front of the box trunk 3 times.....
Fairy dust to sprinkle around the trunk and the magic key to hold.....

and the little summoning spell goes...
sprinkle a little fairy dust around the trunk
take the magic knocker
and knock three times
hold the key
and close your eyes
and say with all your heart
" I do believe in the Fairy Folk....."
why not try it and see for yourself what happens...just remember for it to work you must really really believe...Good luck!!!
The magical ingredients.....
1."Believe" it is sooo important for it all to work
2.Blank Box
3.Basic grey Wisteria papers
4.Basic Grey Wisteria Rub ons and Brads
5.Fairy dust in a glass bottle...collected from a magical ring of mushrooms as the dawn breaks right after a Fairy Gathering
6.Magical key..these are really hard to come by best to try a witchy shop.
7.Fairy knocker and Handle{magical hatpins touched by the Fairy Queen,well i am a tad mad and my maiden name is Queen,lol}}
8.Fairy wings well as i explained that was accidental,lol.
I would also like to enter it over at Crafty Creations where the challenge was to use 3 patterned papers.
Papertake weekly challenge is Fairies/angels
Craft Challenge is anything but a card
La La Land crafts challenge is Bling...fairy wings , fairy dust and hat pins
Well Fairy tidings to you all and thanks for looking and if you want to see inside..........................
well believe in the Fairy folk and maybe one of these days i will let you all have a wee keek.
hugs
Tracy
xxxx
P.S. This is the picture i took in my back garden.....

37 comments:

Vicki said...

Awww this looks amazing, I have decided you are pretty good with the altered art, are you not!...lol

hugs
Vicki x

Michelle's Blog and Cards said...

This is a really magical and beautiful make - I love it and the colour combination as well. I hope you let us peek inside in the not too distant future !! Good luck with all the challenges too - Michelle x

Trimgym said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Also the story you've put with it. Well done. So glad you were able to join us at CRAFT Challenge this week. Good luck!

Love,

Jo.

Cheryl said...

wow this is amazing hun love it so clever you are hugs cheryl xxxx

Kathy said...

Wow what a creation!! I love the colors that you have used and the whole design is so pretty! Thanks so much for playing along in the La La Land challenge :)Kathy

MrsMomma said...

Beautiful! Loved how it came to be. :D

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Tracy,
Thank you for popping over to my blog and leaving such an encouraging comment and deciding to follow me. I am returning the compliment.
I love this box. The colours are just beautiful and I really enjoyed reading your little story. Enchanting.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Anesha said...

Super trunk! Thanks for joining us at CRAFT challenge. Anesha

Lisa Hjulberg said...

What a truly delightful project! I love the creativity and sentiments behind it!!!

Thanks so much for playing in our La-La Land Crafts Weekly Wednesday Challenge. We hope you'll join us again!

Emilie said...

This is simply gorgeous! I really do love your work! thank you so much for the award, I'll put it on ASAP!
Sorry I'm not here much at the moment put I promess I'm trying my best to catch up! Take care!

Kimmi said...

Beautiful work, so much time and effort! Lovely idea!

Thank you for playing with us this week at La-La Land Crafts :D

Kimmi x

jude said...

Stunning creation and who doesnt believe in faeries??Beautiful creative inspirational project!!!
love it
hugs judex

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

this is adorable, I luv the details...nice work!

enjoy *~*

Maureen said...

Very clever and so fun! Love your story and the summoning spell! Thank you for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

Sue from Oregon said...

I do believe in the Fairy Folk! This is above and beyond the average creation...Great job! Thanks for joining us this week at La-La Land's WW challenge #3...hope to see you next week!

Maria Matter said...

this is brilliant Tracy! you can always count on those fairies!
love the photo you included too!
take care
blessings, Maria

Whoopsie Daisy! said...

Such a delightful creation! Love that you have a story to go with it. Awesome work! Thank you for playing along with us at La-La Land Crafts! xx Jane

Hope Jacare said...

Just beautiful - thanks also for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Cheers Claire x

Saskia said...

Great project!

Thanks for taking part at my 'summer candy'! Good luck!

Saskia :)

Saskia said...

Me again... :) Thanks for taking part at Crafty Creations!!!

Saskia :)

Traceyr said...

Yes I do believe you are slightly mad! haha Love the fairy trunk and the photo from your craft shed is wonderful.

:)

Irina said...

Wow!! That sure looks like a lot of work!!! Thank you for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Janet said...

Very pretty!

Linby said...

Great project. I love that paper with the alliums on - who is it by?
Linbyx

GlitteryKatie said...

awwwww this is FABULOUS!!!

Katy said...

Tracy!!!! I am in love!!! this is gorgeously perfect and I want one :D

Thank you for the award aswell honey and your lovely commentsouty

xxx

Glitzzynews blogspot said...

I really do believe in fairies....honest I do,wish I had managed to see one of their magical trunks!!!! Woww you even have the key and gosh...gulp..the fairy dust in the glass bottle,no fair,I watch for them all the time,only saw them well maybe 50/60 times!!! Honest!!!! Tracy,mm mmmm you think I can like ..kinda ..borrow that trunk n key n fairy dust,pretty please,aw go on,you can manage without for a few days at least...go on...I really need them...
Lov u loads,when I getting to see and hold in my hand..all this magic???? Mum xxxxx
Ps.Now you all know where Tracy,gets her magical bits from lol.xxxx

mueppi said...

Your Box is so wonderful!
Great work!
Hugs Gisela

jackiescrafts said...

This is gorgeous, very magical and the colours are fab too

hugs Jackie x

Spyder said...

Gorgeous!! Love it, lovely story!! So glad no fairies got hurt, they can get really bad tempered!

strawberry fields said...

Gorgeous creation! Beautiful! Love the garden pic too
hugs
fiona x

Wendi said...

Wow how beautiful and who would'nt believe in Fairies after that
My grandson def does we have a secret door on the wall of the garden that my husband put on and he believes they come out at night and play
Thank you for visiting my blog so pleased you did as I have found yours now
Wendi

itsabrt said...

This is phenomenal! That mushroom photo so magnificent! Beth

Michelle said...

Hi! I mailed your goodies out on last Thursday it will probably take almost 2 weeks! Let me know when you create with them! Love to see your creations!
Hope you have a great week!
Hugs!

~Mary~ said...

Amazing as always!!!
BTW changed my blog name to "maryslittlecorneroftheworld"
gosh you're brilliant!

Vanessa said...

Really you have a wonderful blog! It's amazing!!! I love it!! Thanks for visited mine and been first follower. I'm trying to makes more jobs to post in mine. Hugs,
Vanessa

BeccaRoo said...

This little box is so cute; you did a really nice job on it. We just recently got a LOT of rain and these little mushroom just popped up everywhere in our yard.