Thursday, 12 March 2009

Exploding box......


If you read my last post about my living room looking like a warzone,oh my giddy aunt if you could only see my living room now it is no longer a warzone but a nuclear bomb site!!!!!I kid you not.I did manage to tidy it all up yesterday but found out at work that a member of staff was turning""50"today!!!!I really wanted to do a little something for them so to now match my living room i made this little exploding box{LOL,thought it was rather apt!!} last night at 11pm,took a while and had to be up for 5am this morning to head back into work,thankfully you can`t see me at the moment...baggy eyes,dark circles and pasty faced....LOL....but hopefully Maureen will like it.
I used the We R Memory Keepers Vintage Brass papers and ribbon,brads,seed beads and a little glitz,thanks for looking hope you like.
Well the mess awaits me again,on a mission to clear up the explosion in my living room then might try and have 40 winks before heading back out to work later.
Hugs n stuff
Tracy
XX
Ohhh just noticed that over on The Arty Girlz challenge blog that the theme is "Smile"and as i used the word "smile"on the lid {as hoping it will bring a smile to Maureens face}thought i would enter it and hopefully fits the criteria.

10 comments:

Ellen said...

what a lovely present , she'll be over the moon with it. such subtle colours

RubyMay said...

wow...it sounds like your box exploded all over your room ! I'm glad someone else is as messy as me ..lol !
It looks like it was worth it though, as your box is absolutely fabulous x

Chick84 said...

Thanks for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog. The papers are gorgeous, what a great gift, I'm sure she'll love it!!
I'm working on another make and my beads are everywhere at the moment - every so often I'll hear one roll onto our wooden floor! I've lost count how many times I've been on my hands and knees searching for them!
Chick x

Katy said...

Absolutely beautiful Tracy love your work honey and the papers are gorgeous :)

xx

the dreamer said...

Hi, Queenie! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and your sweet comments. Looking forward to getting to know you at the Butterfly Crafts forum!

Lovely creations you have here! =)

*hugs*
Nina

Susan Caroline Jones said...

Thats beautiful !
Hugs
Susan (saramar)

Crissi said...

Beautiful exploding box Tracy

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.

crissi xx

torpenhow07 said...

Wow I love it bet she loved it too

Julie Allain said...

Absolutely beautiful!!

Thanks for joining in with Arty Girlz Tracy x

Glitzzy said...

Love it!!
Luv Glitzzy xxxxx