Friday, 13 February 2009

My Little American Post box.......









I was inspired by a book i have read {so many times it is now dog eared}P.S I LOVE YOU.....and watched the film and not disapointed.......luv it can watch it over and over and........you get the idea i,m sure.

Anyway if you have read or seen the film believe me when i say i have no intention of dying anytime soon,lol!!!!!!!

If you haven,t seen it then you really need to it,s fandabbydozey!!!!

The first part of the project was a cute little blank American postbox which i have covered with delicious papers{at least i think they look good enough to eat but hey i am diagnosed as a mad person!!!But if you think so too then feel free to join me in the mad club,lol.}

I then spray painted the chipboard hearts and inked to make them shabby,fixed them to rusty wire and glued into place,covered the flag with more luverly paper and popped it into place with a brad and it does move up and down.

Deceided that the door needed a handle so poked a hole through and made a loop with rusty wire and added a spray painted wooden heart to finish.

I think the tag says how i feel about my husband Alex....even after 22 and a half years.

6 comments:

Max said...

Never seen the film ... and sounds like it's a tearjerker so better wait until I'm feeling less fragile or Fife will be flooded LOL!
As usual you have combined gorgeous papers with your signature hearts, given everything the Tracy Treatment and the end result is just stunning.

You're just a soppy date really ... awwwwwwwwwwwww xxx

Katy said...

WOW WOW WOW WOW!! I just love this and I'm so glad you've been able to create something so stunning from the post box you got from me :)

Just adore it all honey your soooooo talented

Hugs

xx

pinkpuppy said...

That is just so beautifully stunning, love the papers and things you have used.

BeccaRoo said...

Wow what a great job you even did the inside of it that looks like it could have been hard!!

Kim Dellow said...

Hey Tracy this is fabulous, I love the postbox. Kim

Glitzzy said...

Saw the film and read the book,you're right it is fantastic!!
Oh, I do covet your beautiful mail box!!!!!I totally love it,all papers you have used look so good,love the handle! Can I have one pretty pleaseeeeeee....
I do love u... Love Maureen xxxxx